Monday, December 10, 2012

Real REAL Life?

Since the presidential elections I keep seeing Mitt Romney popping up in photos acting like *gasp!* a normal person! I'm sure you've seen those photos too, Mitt picking up an entire Thanksgiving meal from Boston Market, gassing up his vehicle, shopping at Costo, etc..

Most of my liberal friends are determined that all these photos add up to some sort of 'Hey I'm Just Like You!" posturing and fakery.

But why? What good would it do now? Not a bit of good. If he'd have shown glimpses of the real Mitt Romney, the guy that comes out of Costo with paper plates, toilet paper and paper towels just like every other one of us poor schlubs out here it might have helped him win more votes.

I didn't vote for Mitt, he made me very nervous over many things, mostly that I couldn't tell exactly what it was he believed in. I suspect many of the people that voted for the other side might have voted for Mitt had he just let his barriers down and showed that paper plate toting, hugging his wife while she heated up the dinner from Boston Market or just once been spotted doing some every man activity.

This is a big part of the problem in politics in my mind. You cannot tell who or what your politician is. There is no commonality between the candidates and their supporters. Which is really stupid because above all, if the president or the guy who rides on the back of the garbage truck and everyone in between should feel comfortable enough to be who they are instead of some jumped up polished creation of someone else's idea of what they should be.

Authentic people, not masks. 

No comments: