Monday, February 10, 2014

Scariest. Thing. Ever!

I know some folks love horror movies to get their thrills and chills, but.. I'm not one of those. Life has enough crazy without finding something new to be frightened about.

Scariest thing happened about an hour ago! I was sitting in my living room having a cup of coffee and relaxing after work, when with a pop and screech someone forces my front door open. I'd locked it after coming home.... I think

Suddenly my foyer is filled with a drunk or high Hispanic male. Dress slacks, dress shirt, shiny shoes standing about 5'4" and swaying like he might fall down. He just stood there and stared at me. Asked him what he was doing in my house, he just stared me. I told him to leave and he just stared at me. Tried talking to him in my pigeon Spanish, he stared at me. It literally took picking up my very sharp sewing scissors in one hand and my cell phone in the other to make him leave. He understood that!

He ran from my house and promptly fell down the steps outside, drunk as who shot Cooter Brown, like some Latin Keystone Cops before he sat on the steps and didn't leave for a long time. He staggered off like he was walking around on a tiltowhirl and vanished down the street. 

I called the cops hyper-ventilating that this guy had forced his way in. Long gone by the time the cops got here.Thank god they got here and searched the yard. I was hiding upstairs still clutching the scissors in my hands.

No comments: