Friday, May 02, 2014

Why Did The Turtle Cross The Road?

Or better yet. Why did the old hippie and the turtle cross the road? Because there was grass on the other side.

Yesterday I had to make that most hated of trips, go to Wal Mart for thread that could not be bought anywhere else in town. So I'm minding my own business, turning onto the side street leading to the Pig Fart, err, Wal Mart parking lot when I see a crawling rock in the road. Which was not a rock at all, but an Eastern Painted Turtle, slowly making his perilous journey from the parking lot of the local Dairy Queen to the grassy area next to Wal Mart.

What could I do? I did the only thing a gal wearing no bra and a tie dyed tunic from Nepal could do. I stopped my car, put on the emergency blinkers, hopped out and moved the turtle out of the line of fire and into the grass in the direction he'd been heading. It was the first time I caused a traffic jam in town without experiencing any wrath from others on the road.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I really enjoy reading your blog. I just enjoy the tone of your writing. I found it because Vyckie Garrison posts links on Twitter. Is there any other way I can keep track of when you post?