Thursday, April 02, 2015

Cry Me A Liver

So today was rush about and get several sets of drug tests and physicals. The great irony of the day is that I am having symptoms that my liver is very unhappy and it's likely because my lone gall stone is blocking the bile duct again.

Meaning I wasn't exactly a 100% honest during the physical, pretending that my asthma is my only real health problem instead of also copping to various bouts of diverticulitis and gall stones and arthritis. Ouch! In pain and only a mere week from a trip outside of the country.

I hope I can get my gall bladder gladder in the next few days because the trip is unrefundable, not even for medical emergencies. Jim hates monkey wrenches so I'm doing the gall bladder diet and putting down anything that might irritate my liver, like most of my prescription drugs.

Haven't had gall bladder and liver issues for well over a year now. Crummy timing.

Also hoping the drug test doesn't reveal that I was with a bunch of pot smokers a few months ago in a closed environment, so tightly sealed that I ended up with a contact high and didn't take one bong hit. If I'm going to flunk a drug test there better be some fun in it for me.

6 comments:

Brian said...

Don't they blast those pesky stones with shockwaves now? Perhaps yours is in a difficult position or otherwise not suitable for this mining work but I have heard that the procedure is quite non-invasive and makes the thing finally pain-free.... no? Have alook here in case you have not already:http://www.ddc.musc.edu/public/symptomsDiseases/diseases/pancreas/gallstones.html
And regarding your pot smoking, I don't think a contact high can last a month in your system! Not even Pentecostals get that kind of mileage from one sitting in church.

Brian said...

Don't they blast those pesky stones with shockwaves now? Perhaps yours is in a difficult position or otherwise not suitable for this mining work but I have heard that the procedure is quite non-invasive and makes the thing finally pain-free.... no? Have alook here in case you have not already:http://www.ddc.musc.edu/public/symptomsDiseases/diseases/pancreas/gallstones.html
And regarding your pot smoking, I don't think a contact high can last a month in your system! Not even Pentecostals get that kind of mileage from one sitting in church.

Calulu said...

Not in Culpecker they don't laser blast the stones, I'd have to go to a better hospital. Plus that stuff doesn't work, didn't work for my husband's kidney stone, they had to go in the old fashioned way after bruising him up with the laser. I have a mere one and it's just big enough to block the bile duct gland occasionally.

Brian said...

sorry for double-posting... my browser is almost as old as I am (62) and makes funny.... Is Culpecker a real honest to Robert's Rules of Order place in Murraka? Wow...
You know, you are very brave to endure such agony. I would use narcotics for sure. Your use of "occasionally" made me flinch. You people in Culpecker have weird parties ;-)

Calulu said...

That's 50the odd thing. I get zero pain with this because of nerve damage in the past. I find out it's going on by other symptoms.

Culpeper is the proper name of my small town in the Virginia foothills about 60ish miles outside of Washington DC.

Brian said...

Culpeper is not nearly as good a name as yours.
I'm a B.C. Canadian who grew up in Ontario. I have left the names of my home towns intact: Was born in Cobourg (how to do you change that one?) and spent some youth in a town called, Ajax. (could not be deformed or distilled into anything worse as far as I can see....) Then schooled in Toronto, or tranta as we tend to slur here. Now living outside Kamloops B.C.
Good fortune with the stone. In this particular case, you really should consider throwing it. I think it was Wayne Dyer (dunno for sure) who suggested we visualize a parking spot when we go shopping and poof! there it is. Can you do that with stones? Tell it to park off?