Saturday, April 04, 2015

Easter Bitches

This is the first year in many that I haven't done one of my favorite rituals and one of Andy's favorites, usually every year right before Easter we watch together "Jesus Christ Super Star" Plus we sometimes sing along with the songs and laugh. It started out as a religious thing and now has morphed more into fun along the same lines as watching 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' but starring Jesus instead. I've loved that musical since I was thirteen.

Andy recently showed me a parody by the team at Mr. Show "Jeepers Creepers Semi Star". Pretty funny. Starring Jack Black as Jeepers Creepers.

 Today I'm making Virgina Ham Biscuits and other Southern food for a get together with my kids and assorted others. Last night I slunk into the grocery store well after dark when I knew there would be very few customers just to get the things I needed for our feast. I picked up a couple of packages of Virginia ham from the deli case along with other stuff before heading home. This morning after I split the biscuits and opened up the ham imagine my surprise to discover these packages of Virginia ham were actually turkey, not ham, meaning I had to go get ham at the store, today, in the middle of oodles of frantic Easter shoppers. I avoid crowds because of the asthma and people's cigarette smells and personal hygiene products that trigger the asthma.

The store was nice about it, refunding my money for the supposed ham and the lady in customer service told a young blonde working there to return the turkey to the deli and tell them to stop mislabeling the meats.

I went back to the deli to get them to slice the right meat and make sure it was the right meat before they wrapped it up in the white paper. As I walked up to the deli counter I overheard the young blonde from the customer service desk tell the deli manager that 'some bitch was complaining about the deli.' I came up and stood right behind her, when the blonde turned around I swear I thought she was going to have heart failure realizing I overheard what she said. This is why you don't refer to even horrible customers by dirty names where any customer could overhear.

Walked away laughing. Of course I did complain to customer service about being called a bitch by their young blonde clerk.

Happy Easter everyone. 

1 comment:

Karen said...

Happy Easter to you too!

I am an atheist, but I really like Jesus Christ Superstar. I bought this DVD when it first came out a bit over a year ago, and it's a knockout production. Perhaps I'll watch it tomorrow.

www.amazon.com/Jesus-Christ-Superstar-Arena-Blu-ray/dp/B00DM3TKR6/ref=sr_1_9