Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Happy Mardi Gras!

I'd originally intended to write about a lengthy and strange paranormal encounter that culminated yesterday morn, but I can't. It's Mardi Gras!

Not that we're going to do much here to celebrate. I have a King Cake (just in time to blow my now normal blood sugar levels hee!) and I'm making gumbo for dinner. We've also been watching the parades and crowds just a smidgen at NOLA.com

Makes me miss home. Yeah, I miss South Louisiana. I don't miss the heat, the mosquitoes or some of the dumber attitudes of the locals, but I miss so many other things. Mostly I miss my father, a guy who's very favorite holiday was Mardi Gras. He always had a hotel suite right on the parade route for many years. He lived for this day!

This year because of some of the modesty debate and discussion of sheltering children going on at No Longer Quivering I've remembered some Mardi Gras with my father and other family members when I was in my teens. I would have been damned to hell by the purity crowd for my actions at 14 and 15 years old. One of the things back in those days when I was thin, pretty and young was that guys would ask you for a 'Mardi Gras kiss'. Let's just say I made out on the streets with a pile of super-hot guys.

So now you know what a Mardi Gras lip whore I was...

Hey, at least I never got arrested for public exposure like my step-brother Frank!

No comments: