Friday, April 15, 2016

Squozen Part 2

'Let me go, let me go
Don't squeeze no mo
Let me go, let me go
I don't care what color the pus is, take your han---ann-annds off my face'

(sung to the tune of Frozen's  'Let It Go'

Back to the doctor this am and I got squeezed again. Yep, she cut into my face again and squeezed me like a lemon. All week long I've been oozing blood and greenish pus. Isn't that so attractive? Nothing like going to scratch an itch and discovering you've stimulated your face to gush out buckets of weird colored fluids.

Yesterday the tests on the pus came back. Yes, it's MRSA again. But the culture they ran this time was more detailed and they claim they know what antibiotic combo will kill it this time. I have my doubts because this is the same antibiotic I was switched to last month. I'm going to be on it for some months to help permanently clear this thing. I hope it works.

We had a long talk about the next six months, the protocol for those folks like me that keep getting MRSA infections. I just about wept because starting today I have a long list of things I have to do daily besides scrub myself with that awful junk surgeons use to scrub in - Hibiclens.

Now I have to:
  • Wipe down pretty much every surface I can reach in the house with Clorox or Lysol wipes.
  • Wash everything I wear after only wearing it once, even nightgowns, sweaters and bras.
  • Keep separate hand towels, wash cloths and towels from Jim. Bleach the ones I use and wash after only one use. (Don't judge! I have reused my bath towel for the week for years.)
  • Change the sheets every few days. Wash with bleach, the sanitizing cycle on the washer.
  • Use either bleach or some other type of bacteria killer on all our laundry.
  • Do all my laundry separate from Jim's.
  • Run all our dishes, pots and pans and silverware through the sanitary cycle on the dishwasher.
  • Wipe down any place in my car I have touched or touch daily with those wipes. 
  • Keep my oozing pus-y self away from others as much as possible. 
  • Wash my hands an obscene number of times.
  • Rub hand sanitizer on my hands a million times a day.
 So this pretty much doubles or triples what I have to do in keeping everything clean and clothes clean every single freaking day.

Add in the asthma and I'm not exactly a happy camper at this moment. I drove home through thick black smoke of a factory on fire near my house and have spent the afternoon sucking on my nebulizer. Have the shakes now and haven't even started on my daily NLQ tasks yet. Still working on washing and bleaching all of my bedding.

Only good of the day is that  I had to stop at Bed Bath and Beyond on the way home to get laundry additive that isn't bleach that kills bacteria. I decided since I have to use totally separate towels than Jim that I'd get a couple of sets I really really love. One set has the Eiffel Tower and various Paris landmarks on it and the other is embroidered with colorful surfboards and seashells.

I'm trying to keep a good attitude about this and trying not to bitch and complain too much even if the daunting task of doing all this makes me feel like jumping off the nearest bridge.

No comments: