Thursday, March 23, 2017

Too Real Now

So today Jim was offered a position with a school in Costa Rica and he accepted it. It's up in the mountains, but around 30 minutes from the beach. We'll end up with the best of both worlds. The fresh mountain air for my asthma but the nearby ocean for swimming a couple of times a week.

Now I'm scared. It's too real now.

Not taking tons of things to the second hand stores made it real. Not even having one of the antique stores stop by to pick up some of the furnishing they both from us. But the job offer makes it real, scary real.

Even as I really want to go I feel devastated and sad for unexamined reasons. Nail biting time.

I think it's because I'm the worrier, and he is the eternal optimist. I hope he's right and we're not making a big mistake here. I guess even if we go and it sucks horribly we're only committed for a 90 day stretch. You can do just about anything for 90 days.

If it does not work out we have a freshly painted and carpeted refreshed home with a new kitchen to come home to. That could work.

The school has arranged a room for us at a local family's home for the first month and has promised to help us find an apartment for rent. But it's pretty apparent that Jim is going to have to fly out to take the position while I stay behind to finish up the packing and home renovations plus shipping out our things.

Nervous now.

No comments: