Dumb Pins and Needles

 Waiting to see who wins tonight. I'm concerned.

Talking to one of my elderly relatives today she told me that she voted for Trump. I had to question why, since I know she will not financially benefit from Trump's financial policies, like Jim and I have. She told me the strangest reason --- because Trump buys his lumpen ill fitting suits off the rack instead of having expensive suits tailored like Biden does. She says this shows that Trump is a man of the people. 

Very weird logic!

Jim has a friend, uneducated, poor, living in an assisted living facility for impoverish Vietnam vets. He owns literally nothing, not that proverbial pot, the pee, or anything else. Yet he voted from Trump. The why? Because he's a successful business man. I overheard Jim gently remind him of the many business failures and bankruptcies of the president and it just could not crack this man's insistence that Trump was two steps away from Jesus.

Here's the thing for me. I didn't vote from Trump, not last time, not this time. But once the people had spoken and he was elected I hoped he'd step up to the plate, be 'presidential', grow into the role. I was rooting for him to succeed because I knew what it would do to our nation. We're seeing some of that lack of presidentialness playing out in horrific tragic ways right now.

Hello, Covid! Claiming to have ended a pandemic when more people than ever are contracting it and dying. Another missed opportunity where I looked to Trump to see if by some miracle he would rise to the occasion, and assume the mantle of leadership. Stranger things have happened and some folks only become better as stress, pressure and crisis happen. Not this president, he bobbled it all and went off to play golf.

I wish he'd have proven my worst fears wrong, and stepped up to greatness, kindness and compassion for all our citizens. Sadly that did not happen. And here we are.

I'm about to make my final look at the numbers and then go to bed. Is there an adult in the house yet?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids