When Things Work Like They Should

 

No he does not. He has no chill either, which is what I've had to have a lot of lately.

I guess by now you guys are wondering why I took down all social media but Facebook, and my Facebook page is locked up tighter than the Pope's underwear. I also got rid of all of my public email addresses, stopped most ways for people to contact me out of the blue after leaving NLQ. My friends know my phone number, my real genuine email and have Facebook.

A couple of reasons. Biggest one. I got tired of the physical threats from lunatic Christian men. Some quite harrowing. It was upon the advice of my lawyer here, in the States and law enforcement. One of the groups of guys has been known to do scary things, and have passports. They routinely go "Soul Winning" in Central America. What scary things? Recently a bunch of them showed up at a pastor's house that has criticized their cult leader. With guns. Twenty guys with guns going up to try and frighten an elderly man. Luckily the gardener intervened before they got past the gate. I don't want elderly Jose at the village gate having to wave his gun at this gringos.

Second reason. Every single time I do a video, or remark upon the feckless foolish fetid behavior of a former friend getting sued by another YouTuber I'm deluged by her trolls. Right now one of them keeps trying to spam me claiming I said the "N" word on camera. Which I never have on camera, and would not, do not say off camera. I may have mentioned Playa Negra, but that's the closest that would ever come out of my mouth. I've spoken out about her lies about our mutual former writing platform, and that brings the crazy accusations. The one saying it the loudest is someone with a much smaller YouTube platform than my tiny flea sized one. I am thinking this is just someone eager to pull a KJ by trashing a slightly bigger flea sized channel to get people to come check out her micro flea channel. Not falling for that one. Blocked and banned. Ain't got time for that.

I'm about to make the shift with my channel to talk about moving to Costa Rica, the ends and outs. I don't need nutbars about accusing me of trying to bump off the Kaiser or of making out with the entire Chinese Red Army.

Sorry, but my life is just not that exciting, especially during a pandemic. I do have a few epic tales of things happening here lately.

One, I got to see first hand about three weeks ago how well out home defense system works. Midnight, hear a loud thump on the roof and think nothing of it. Monkeys and other small mammals jump and run around the roof. We're surrounded by a 12 foot tall concrete walls and various alarm systems. Safe neighborhood surrounded by another wall and a guard shack.

A couple of thumps against a wall, and several alarms go off all at once, the flood lights come on. Within what felt like a few seconds the guard was here, and the policia came out shortly after that. This all went down very quickly. I'd already grabbed my machete and Jim grabbed something more lethal involving bullets and all that, and we met the guard outside to see what happened.

Whoever it was hopped our fence, landed right next to the bigger guest bedroom and immediately attempted to put a crowbar to the window to pry, setting off the motion detector, the flood lights, the alarm system and the cameras. The would be burglar was frightened off before he did more than bend up a tiny edge ofthe window frame on a window sealed and locked tightly from the inside with anti theft metal reinforcements. He might have had an easier time breaking into Fort Knox than our house here.

No idea who it was, but I'd just gotten an emailed warning from the American Embassy that petty thievery was on the rise here due to the Covid crisis killing off tourism. If they can lift a tv or jewelry without alerting the homeowner they'll try it. The good news is all the security put in place worked like it was supposed to do.

Two: The Epic IPad repair goes on. Almost three months now. I've since discovered the guy at the repair shop's shenanigans are typical, and I've met five other Americans with the same issues with this guy who've told me how they managed to get their electronics he's broken away from him. That's all I want is my IPad back,  I don't even care he broke it during the original repair any more. I'll get it repaired when I go back to the States. Tomorrow morning I'm down there asap with threats of a denuncia at the policia, and a couple of big muscly guys from the gym as muscle. His shop is named "IFixItNow" when it should be "IBrokeItNow"

We're still having continual heavy rains here, the remnants of Hurricane Eta. 

I see we still do not have a resolution to this election, but the system is working, and the votes are being counted. Does not seem so hopeful for our president now, does it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids