If It's Not One Thing It's Your Old Fundy Church!
Spent an amusing afternoon. I felt like I should have made popcorn and brought out the beers as I sat ringside and watched two people I know from my old fundamentalist/evangelical/quiverfull church duke it out with words on Facebook. I watched and tried not to laugh before one of them got uber huffy and erased the entire thread.
Guess what they were fighting over? Which one of them was truly disrepresenting God. Serious. Oh holy shit was it funny.
What did it start over. A t-shirt meme about God being kicked out of schools and now we have all these shootings.
Oh brother! If you're going to fight over a school shooting please fight over what we can do to protect the children of this nation, not which one of you is channeling God or not.
One of the participants was Tom Smith, my personal bete noire doing my years fundying, and the other is someone I was on the prayer team with.
I've heard interesting things about so many at my old church because some many there are gossipy old peahens that contact me whenever they want to scream out tales out of Sunday school. The worst story of the bunch is about our old pastor, he who started doing some funny money shenanigans with the different bank accounts before suddenly hearing God calling him to a richer church. Apparently he nearly got into a fist fight with a former church member and spat out to the guy that he'd never liked him at all ever. Pretty crazy. And all this took place at a funeral, A. Funeral.
Just makes me happier than a bay of clams in a vat of valiums. I always knew deep inside that the people I went to church with were pretty petty, but seeing concrete evidence of the crazy makes me joyous I left before the entire church boiled away into this.
Pretty sure all of this would horrify the Jesus of the New Testament even while it's making me laugh while I'm decorating my handbasket to hell with pretty flowers and candles.
Guess what they were fighting over? Which one of them was truly disrepresenting God. Serious. Oh holy shit was it funny.
What did it start over. A t-shirt meme about God being kicked out of schools and now we have all these shootings.
Oh brother! If you're going to fight over a school shooting please fight over what we can do to protect the children of this nation, not which one of you is channeling God or not.
One of the participants was Tom Smith, my personal bete noire doing my years fundying, and the other is someone I was on the prayer team with.
I've heard interesting things about so many at my old church because some many there are gossipy old peahens that contact me whenever they want to scream out tales out of Sunday school. The worst story of the bunch is about our old pastor, he who started doing some funny money shenanigans with the different bank accounts before suddenly hearing God calling him to a richer church. Apparently he nearly got into a fist fight with a former church member and spat out to the guy that he'd never liked him at all ever. Pretty crazy. And all this took place at a funeral, A. Funeral.
Just makes me happier than a bay of clams in a vat of valiums. I always knew deep inside that the people I went to church with were pretty petty, but seeing concrete evidence of the crazy makes me joyous I left before the entire church boiled away into this.
Pretty sure all of this would horrify the Jesus of the New Testament even while it's making me laugh while I'm decorating my handbasket to hell with pretty flowers and candles.
Comments