Mott Motts, Oh My!

 

A Turquoise Browed Mott Mott. It's a rare sight indeed because they usually lurk in the shadows and are notoriously shy. Taken this evening.

Not much happening here. Starting to beat house back into great shape. Just need to mop kitchen and clean the laundry room and everything will return to pre-chaos clean that it was before Jim's surgery in late January. Finished submitting piles of stuff to the insurance company, finished taxes, finished cleaning our guesthouse.

Nice thing about a messy house is it doesn't take much to put it back to rights again. Just a good hard scrub.

Hung a new hummingbird feeder and we had something of a tizzy over the stuff you put inside. It came with a packet you boil with water and sugar. I did just that one night, resulting in some very red sugar water. I warned Jim not to drink it and we both laughed talking about the time David Rodrigues did just that and his wife Jill posted photos making fun of him for it. Not very submissive Godly wife was it? I left the solution to cool overnight on our kitchen countertop.

The next morning I got up and Jim said there was something wrong with Miss Porque our gray kitty girl, that she was throwing up horrific red vomit. Yep, she got into the hummingbird solution. I still cannot figure out the why because cats don't like sugary anything, but she tried to drink more of it right in front of me. Go figure. I know she thinks nothing of drinking out of our water glasses the second our backs are turned. She must have thought it was some sort of delicious hooman food denied her. Will not eat canned cat food but bust out a bowl of cereal or a piece of fried chicken and she's all up in it trying to beg some.

Thankfully she's not the worse for wear because she drank hummingbird solution. Ugh, I cannot imagine it tasted good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids