Wheezy Like Sunday Morning Redux Part 3
Playa Grande this morning. With asthma while it's helpful to live within 7 miles of the beach, actually going to the beach with the fresh salty air seems to help. I didn't walk as much as usual, but I did enjoy the ocean breezes. The waves were insane with lots of rip tides visible.
Last night my asthma started trying to morph into lung crud. Better today.
When we first moved to Costa Rica almost exactly four years ago we were getting near the end of our four months there when we met someone on the bus to San Marcos. A retired lady with a name straight off of "Game of Thrones" and a haughty attitude. Another American, retired there from teaching creative writing at the university level. I could tell that Jim was pissing her off on this short ride. She wasn't doing herself any favors with me either.
Why? Because she spent the entire 45 minutes bragging about being a great writer with a zillion books. I went back to our plastic paneled room and looked her up by her GoT name. She had a website, and I perused through the few books she'd written. They were all romance novels, not at all what I was expecting at all. I thought she'd written some history tale, or anything but a romance novel.
I learned a very important lesson that day. If someone is bragging to you like that it's likely the reality of them is much much difference.
Getting to see that anew at the church after my confloption. I'm taking notes right now, doing some digging on the person there that has posited their selves as high and mighty.
Never do that! Don't parade about proclaiming you are the bees knees because it will eventually blow back on you, and you'll be exposed in the worst ways. This person is having an upcoming lawsuit here in CR in August and I am toying with attending.

Comments