The Thousand Dollar Water Bill and Assorted Friend Nonsense
On the beach in Tama four years ago when we arrived here.
We're preparing to fly back to the States for a few days to see family. Going to be a challenge because we'll be a full house where we're going. One of my kids ran away from Hurricane Ida and has to start over... again. I suspect it's going to be heavy going when I get there. Lots of folks in the house.
One of the big problems is that Jim has a crazy ex coworker at his old position in the government that wants to schedule a party for us with former coworkers. Sounds nice, right? It's been a cluster you know what. First he invited himself and all the others over to one of my children's home for a BBQ. I gently pointed out to him several times I would have to talk to her about it, and told him to come up with an alternate plan.
I talked to her, knowing she would be against this because, hello who invites themselves over with a pile of friends during Covid? Also her house isn't big, there's only one bathroom so there's that. She and I picked out a nearby park for this guy to hold his BBQ, told him that Sunday worked fine for us. Settlef right?
Nope, now the guy is busy planning multiple get togethers trying to monopolize our time in D.C. I had to bow out of most, and now he's big mad! He has just gotten ridiculous and Jim is too nice to say no. We're both aghast at all the crap this idiot has planned without consulting us at all. Jim finally told him one evening or night get together and maybe a lunch. He's demanding we bring our two youngest kids, but not my daughter and or granddaughter escaping from Ida. That's a fridge too far for me.
Please, please, please forces of the universe give me the right words to say to him in messenger in a few minutes that don't add to the big mad. I'm still in stroke recovery mode and don't need this nonsense.
In other news we had a broken faucet near the front gate and only discovered it when we got a six hundred dollar water bill followed by a thousand dollar water bill right behind it. The faucet was broken well below the ground so there was no suspicious water anywhere.Our property has ten gagillion outdoor faucets. I'm just relieved it wasn't a broken pipe in the foundation of the house which would mean we would have had to tear up the flooring with a jackhammer. The water company made us pay the 600 bucks but the thousand dollar water bill was greatly reduced.
Life, it's always something, nutty friends or broken pipes.
Other than that life has been pretty boring.
Comments