Hello Uncle!
Horses near our house on the main road to the beach. Beach horses getting a nice long rest from toting tourists around.
Today was rough. I have some stupid stomach flu. Different than Jim's thing. Different symptoms. I laid in the bed much of the day reading about the Ruby Ridge tragedy and working my way through my new Sudoku book. Big excitement, I know.
Now we are feeding three different strays and one of the strays has figured out how to use the cat door to access the good stuff instead of the leftover dry food. Stinky is so so spoiled, he will only eat one brand of dry cat food. He turns up his nose are Royal Canin. He ignores Hills Science Diet and will only eat a brand out of 100% meat dry food from Canada. Hard to find. So I'm feeding the strays our accumulated piles of dry food.
But the real fun happened around dinner time. A couple of days ago I got a friend request, a curious one. It appeared to be from one of my uncles, who I was already Facebook friends with. This guy had taken my uncle's photos, his profile info and then misspelled his first and last names. Laughing. I knew the second my eyes fell on the request I was dealing with my favorite target of toying with, a Nigerian scammer.
This evening my faux uncle reached out to me. Why? To tell me he'd been given 500K by some sketchy sounding U.S. government program supposedly linked to the Coronavirus response.
I was so so bad, bless me father for I have sinned. I forced him to explain to me in rather long detail the program. I played super stupid, like eating lead paint chips stupid, forcing him to do define words, all the while throwing out random inquiries about the family, but not using the real name, coming up with weird names and conditions. "How is Tiny Joe and his spastic colonic toes?" and "Did Auntie Roo ever recover from her lung bleach injections?"
He never even batted an eyelash at any of this, and it was pretty obvious English was his second or third poorly learned language. Eventually I had to boot him, explaining that picking to pretend to be my beloved Uncle was a very bad idea.
And the calls from the Louisiana area codes have started again from my elderly aunts. Family drama more than a fake uncle. I am so trying to stay out of it.
Today was rough. I have some stupid stomach flu. Different than Jim's thing. Different symptoms. I laid in the bed much of the day reading about the Ruby Ridge tragedy and working my way through my new Sudoku book. Big excitement, I know.
Now we are feeding three different strays and one of the strays has figured out how to use the cat door to access the good stuff instead of the leftover dry food. Stinky is so so spoiled, he will only eat one brand of dry cat food. He turns up his nose are Royal Canin. He ignores Hills Science Diet and will only eat a brand out of 100% meat dry food from Canada. Hard to find. So I'm feeding the strays our accumulated piles of dry food.
But the real fun happened around dinner time. A couple of days ago I got a friend request, a curious one. It appeared to be from one of my uncles, who I was already Facebook friends with. This guy had taken my uncle's photos, his profile info and then misspelled his first and last names. Laughing. I knew the second my eyes fell on the request I was dealing with my favorite target of toying with, a Nigerian scammer.
This evening my faux uncle reached out to me. Why? To tell me he'd been given 500K by some sketchy sounding U.S. government program supposedly linked to the Coronavirus response.
I was so so bad, bless me father for I have sinned. I forced him to explain to me in rather long detail the program. I played super stupid, like eating lead paint chips stupid, forcing him to do define words, all the while throwing out random inquiries about the family, but not using the real name, coming up with weird names and conditions. "How is Tiny Joe and his spastic colonic toes?" and "Did Auntie Roo ever recover from her lung bleach injections?"
He never even batted an eyelash at any of this, and it was pretty obvious English was his second or third poorly learned language. Eventually I had to boot him, explaining that picking to pretend to be my beloved Uncle was a very bad idea.
And the calls from the Louisiana area codes have started again from my elderly aunts. Family drama more than a fake uncle. I am so trying to stay out of it.

Comments