Bad to the Boner


Today as seen in Burger King Liberia. He walked around masked with nothing over his nose for a good hour.

Wal Mart run today in Liberia and we drove by the new Pricesmart to see if the sign was up yet with the opening date. Looks like June 17th. Cannot wait! No long drives to San Jose to get American hot dogs and bacon.

One thing about our monthly run to Walmart is that it is the only opportunity we get to have American fast food.  Within a half mile you have a McDonalds, a Burger King, a KFC, a Taco Bell, a Quiznos and a Papa Johns. Pizza Hut is in the downtown area, near the good fabric store and the guy that works on my sewing machines.

It's a rarity we enjoy. Screw calories, cholesterol counts and nutrition on shopping day. Except that the local Walmart has a wonderful selection of all things gluten free, sugar free and organic. Yeah, I know Walmart, who would have thunk? Gimme that five pound bag of sugar free cocoa roasted almonds! A mixed day of bad eating and planning for the month's worth of better eating.

But today's lunch visit was a laugh riot! When I sat down with my Whopper Jr. con queso and cebolla rings the television at the Burger King started playing the strangest program. It was a "World's Hottest Man" and looked like some sort of weird Central American competition. The guys were dancing in ways you usually only see on stages where women are slipping dollar bills into the dancers Smurf-smugglers drawers. And it went on and on and on...

I will say one thing, a good distraction from the crazy of my health, and the crazy of this world that is the tragic death of George Floyd and rioting going on around the United States. I understand why everyone is rioting. The fear and frustrations of these police brutality episodes that take the lives of young black men are reaching a boiling point. Are the Republicans listening? I think not based upon the responses to the news I am seeing.

Part of me feels like perhaps burning it all down to start again, French Revolution style, has it's attractions. But I pray it never gets to that, that the powers that be listen, that real steps towards public safety, freedom and justice happens quickly enough to defuse them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids