More Nudes With Books And Puke

Playa Grande just the other day. My husband has decided on a new weight loss scheme after viewing his gut on YouTube just the other day. It involves an hour long walk on the beach. Now I know I need to walk daily, this fits what I need to do too post stroke. But Jim is discouraged after one day when his weight goes up by over a pound, unable to want to understand he cannot keep gulping down potato chips and peanut butter, that exercise alone does not work when you are older.

No walking today, we walked Monday and Tuesday. Today he had too much class prep and I'm very much under the weather.

Sitting here killing time until the jury comes back in the Josh Duggar child porn trial. Not the only reason I'm nauseous. I cannot lay down. I've been felled by a stomach bug late last night. Up every hour on the hour all night long trying to decide which end to throw on the john. Hey, at least I wasn't having asthma while it was going on. No idea where this came from, but I cannot lay down or sleep.

Which is better than crying and scrubbing vomit off surfaces, which is what I spent the morning doing. Jim wanted me to go weigh myself after all the throwing up, but I told him that was the last thing I was worried about in the moment. Earlier in the day we'd breached a horrible new boundary when I ran into the bathroom where he was brushing his teeth and proceeded to be sick, not caring if he, the devil, God, Jesus or Buddha was standing there watching. 

Still better than what happened when I crawled off for a shower to wash things out of my hair and off my body. I came out nude, and you guessed it, the guys with the metal recycling truck had pulled up across the road at the mechanic's shop. They too got to peer over the wall and see me unclothed. Man, I don't even effing care any longer.

I'm sitting around reading Mark Meadow's new book "The Chief's Chief" now (clothed, thank you very much) and I have to say of all the books by former WH peeps it holds the award for the most awful. Someone asked me yesterday for my impression of the first half. I said I could not believe Meadows was able to write it while patting himself on the back and giving Trump a handjob. That kind of sums it up. Not worth the paper it is printed on, it's one of the most self serving falsehoods I've seen, and I've read most of the memoirs coming out of the Trump WH. 

When I got to the part where he stated that anyone voting write in clearly had no love for their country, and were low energy I just about tossed this pile of self serving word salad. If you've been reading here a long time I am sure you'll remember the series of gyrations those of us living overseas had to do to get our mail in votes to our state registrars offices in time. Even the Embassy here had to jump in and help out. 

The great irony about his dumb words is that something like 80% or greater in the Expat community were voting for his boss, not Joe Biden. He just shat on all those serving in the armed forces, or embassies, or other branches of the U.S. government overseas, those living overseas that own businesses, or work jobs (like my husband) linked to U.S. educational systems, or simply retired. All good patriotic Americans with a variety of good reasons to be overseas. Mark Meadows does not think any of us should be allowed a vote, choosing to ignore the fact that voting by mail has been around since before the Civil War. 

It's not some plot to defraud anyone!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids