Crabby and Crab Caked

 Been a while. I've been busy. There's a house sitter back in the Costa Rica house feeding our multitude of cats. The brand new car is happening in mid to late July depending on how quickly it arrives. And we're here in the States for this little thing....

My lovely youngest daughter got married to a nice young man. We didn't lose a daughter, we gained a son and a grand dog.


 My new son and grand dog who happened to be the Dog of Honor too!

So we got here without any bumps. Flight was perfect. Airline treated me with kid gloves. The ADA accommodations were first class. Then it was sort of 'Welcome to Hell', well, everything but the wedding and the dog sitting and now.

We stayed with a super crazy friend of Jim's for a few nights leading up to the wedding. Now, we've hosted this guy in the past and he's not been this nutty or offensive. The first night I found myself snapping at him over his several hour monologue-ing when I needed a sweet sweet bed. Traveling wears me out.

The next day didn't go smoothly. I'd brought a lovely crocheted purse with me but during traveling the lining ripped out and it fell apart. I'd expressed to Jim's friend that I must stick my head in a certain store on our way from breakfast with another friend to buy a small clutch to put my handkerchief and lipstick in for the wedding. I didn't get to buy a bag and he went back into the endless monologue, this time about buying used, and reusing. He bemoaned our consumerist culture. I'm looking at him the entire time he's ranting, not opening my mouth even if I'm thinking "Look, m*therf*cker! I'm wearing a thrifted pair of pants AND a thrifted designer tee. Don't lecture me about buying used because thrift storing is one of my favorite hobbies!"

Luckily we were soon away from him and off to the wedding rehearsal and dinner, shaking him off even while friend was screeching he wanted to spent more time with Jim. The rehearsal dinner was amazing, held at a seafood place right on the water in Annapolis. The crab cakes were some of the best I've ever had. The groom's family was filled with some of the finest folks I've ever seen who fully embraced my daughter as a member of their own family.

The wedding was wonderful! It was held in a park in Annapolis, Maryland, on the water, and even the goof ups turned out to be a good thing. I am excited for the next chapter in the lives of the bride and groom.

Afterward we spent a few days with the only friends we retained from our years at our old church. My friend Joanie is struggling to recover from a second stroke, and we commiserated, did a little shopping, and a lot of talking. Oodles! I'm likely to go back there for a few days next week. Hop the Amtrak here and ride it down to Warrenton.


 

Since then I've dog sitting the Dog of Honor here in my daughter's home. They were on their honeymoon until yesterday. Tomorrow it's back to work for them, and I'm still dog sitting, at least during the day. Jim has flown off to Michigan to meet up with his best friend since third grade and then off to Montana for another wedding before returning to Tama in mid July. Currently I have tickets booked back for about  a week before him.

I'm so tired. I'm doing a tremendous amount of resting, when I'm not cooking, or crocheting.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids