Old Cars, New Cars and Falling Apart and Down
Town park in downtown La Fortuna with the local Catholic church in the background.
The last 3 days have been filled with lots of crazy, bad and good. The good - On Sunday Dave apologized to Jim for hanging up on him, and still offered to fix that car, the one we just sold. Then he wanted a ride because his moped died.
The bad - Bruce's jalopy has broken down every single day along with the various parts falling off or breaking. I am walking, Jim is riding his motorcycle.
The crazy - One of the party goers on Saturday overheard Jim discussing the car Jim was thinking about buying, slipped in and bought it Sunday out from under us. Told us late Monday. Tacky and cowardly to the extreme. She could have at least asked if we were still interested (not really) before the purchase.
We haven't bothered to tell her that the seller is lying about the history of the car, that the underside is cracked out and broken, that the mileage gauge has been rolled back. She'll find out soon enough on her own, and she'll have another broken down dirty jalopy to add to the four or five others on her lawn. It will feel like epic karma when it happens. No more effing favors from us.
Monday we spent the day at the dealerships in Liberia, Toyota, Nissan, and Hyundai. Weirdly enough the Hyundai place is also the Chevy dealership. We're discussing just buying a brand new car, or recent trade in instead of another used car. Used cars are a real gamble here even if we have our eyes on a 2014 Honda CRV someone we know is fixing to sell. Several of the brand new cars are a possibility too!
Tuesday was just awful! Our hot water tank is leaking, and we're waiting on a plumber. While I was taking apart and cleaning our laundry room Jim was swimming. Mechanic on his way in an hour. Jim's phone starts ringing nonstop and I had to keep coming out of the laundry room to see why. At the same time someone was honking and yelling at the gate. I took the gate remote and let them in, the mechanic and his helper. Jim started screeching at me that he was naked in the pool. Whoopsie! I forgot and had to chase down his swimsuit.
It had been at least 18 months since I took apart the storage shelves for a good cleaning and reorganized everything on them. Turned out to be good and I managed to set up bottles of multiple gallons of grey water for those days the water system goes down for repairs to keep washing our hands and flushing the toilets.
What was not good was discovery that the tank had leaked all behind the freezer and everywhere else. I went to move an old pressboard cabinet to clean, it fell apart and I fell down in that mess. I ended up falling a total of three times before I got the house mopped and the laundry room gutted and scrubbed. I was in so much pain I was crying by the end.
Had to have a serious discussion with Jim about hiring someone else to come clean twice a week. Our on again off again cleaner has a bad back and I discovered she did little to nothing of anything in the laundry room.
Hurting today but managed a few hours of gardening this morning, weeding the gladiolus and vegetables before planting plentiful pansies and pink stock in the window boxes along with reworking my succulents gardens. Now I'm done, hurting in all new places. Trying to pick up the physical activity.

Comments