Bleached Lobsters and Other Ridiculous Things

 

Our view at lunch today in Playa Portrero.

We've been running and gunning this week. Monday beach walk, and the rest of the week got away from us. Tuesday our new television and six foot long console table to place it on arrived. Wednesday I had to swing by and pick up a friend coming back in from the States. Thursday and Friday involved moving furniture around and setting up new stuff. My stupid asthma was a problem again. I was dragging ass.

Today I went to church with Jim just so we could leave straight from church to see a friend playing music in Playa Portrero this afternoon and grab a meal there. No bueno.

I wasn't at church more than 15 minutes when someone walked in with a fuzzy dog. I spent the service in the car huffing on my new portable nebulizer that plugs in to a USB port in the car.

While I wasn't feeling great afterward (understatement of the year) I wanted to visit this restaurant. The food was fabulous! I had grilled lobster tail and shrimp pasta.

One of my favorite things to do here is go spearfishing for lobster in Langosta.

We had a fabulous time right up until we got home. I discovered that while we were eating the boating center next door had been using some sort of industrial bleach on the returning catamarans and it was wafting over myself since I was nearer. I got bleached, ruined dress, ruined shoes,  ruined hair clip and some of it got into my hair. I have to have a very unpleasant conversation tomorrow with the boating center. This clip was black before I got sprinkled. My hair is even several shades lighter where my hair was sticking out of the clip.

But even worse is that I must talk to the pastor tomorrow. Things haven't been going really well at the church lately. Jim's been somewhat bummed out by the firing of one pastor (for sleazy things), and there's a great deal of other concerning things too. Name a deadly sin and there's someone up there willfully doing it while flipping the spiritual birds at everyone. I don't care about that stuff, I just sit back, listen to Jim and don't even bother to point out to him that every single nondenominational church we've ever attended is eat up with these petty things.

No, tomorrow's conversation with the pastor is because some folks up there are flapping their gums about Jim and my relationship. There's talk about why I'm not attending. Heaven forfend they don't understand my asthma goes crazy up there! But Mary Moonbeams confronted Jim today, demanding to know why I didn't attend and what was up with me using a cane now. About to issue a 'bless your heart' to Mary on social media because it's none of her fucking business. 

Chronic illness sucks so much worse when people without a clue decide to have an opinion about your ailment and demand to know why.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids