Unpainted Lady

 

Photo of the marimbas in Santa Cruz. There is a special forest near Santa Cruz where the marimba wood is grown to make the instruments I've been told.

Well, dang, I was doing so well when I walked into the ferreteria (hardware store) and was immediately exposed to that latex paint smell. Been to this place hundreds of times and never smelled it so strongly before.

This happened on Friday, now I'm still laid up on Tuesday with assorted idiotic asthma-related bs. Both eyes horribly swollen and infected. An infected nose. A sinus infection. A fever. Such bs again. It's been since mid to late February since I've had a serious asthma anything I'd started getting cocky, thinking I was much better instead of in a temporary abatement.

We have to repaint the bedroom in the guestroom because of replacing the ac units in the bedroom and living room. The bedroom unit was installed over the bed instead of tucked into the corner. Where it was in the corner is now dirty with a dull lavenderish-grayish shade underneath in a room in a pale turquoise. Painting must take place. I am particular so I will be painting wearing a crazy respirator get up.

We left the paint smelling place quickly without buying paint. The ferreteria had changed hands and the paint brand the new owners sell is like water. I made the mistake of buying that very brand when I first painted the guesthouse. Three coats of paint and it still looks like it could stand another coat.

Going with a new color for the bedroom. I love the light turquoise color but I'm going with a light leaf green in the bedroom. Most of the decorations in the place have this particular green running through them.

I just hope this asthma dissipates so I can don the respirator and paint. I actually enjoy painting, seeing a room come alive in a new color.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids