The Beat Goes On, Or Something Like It?

 

The sign mere feet from the expensive exclusive beach club in Langosta. I laugh every time I see people swimming in the lagoon and ignoring the sign. Proceed at your own risk, which seems to be a theme here.

Monday I finally got released from daily heart/lung examinations because of the Covid. I'd made enough process to end them. What hasn't ended is we both are dealing with hard fatigue and muscle pains. Not exactly 'Long Covid' just one or two pesky virus hold overs.

We were still quarantined through Thursday and we made the huge mistake of rushing out to do a Price Smart run and pick up the license plates on the new car. It took all this time, nearly three months, for the government here to issue. Tico time on extra slow speed involving a hack of the government database and them trying to upgrade mixed with the shuttering for some months of the inspection process called Ritive. The plates had come in a few days after we got our diagnosis and could go nowhere near the dealership. It was one of those high priority tasks.

We were super dragging ass by the time we got back. I contemplated simply laying down on the floor of Price Smart. Prices have jumped on everything, my prescriptions, and any food item from the USA. How high they'll go I don't know but I have to have my drugs.

Yesterday Jim was able to return to Bible study and teaching English, while I'm starting to clean up everything that got dropped during our sickness. I remember at one point just being so gross and feverish that I couldn't take the sheets and comforter any longer they'd gotten so sweaty. I changed out all the bedding during Covid to our older so worn its now baby soft quilt and sheets. The washing is done but piled high. I never folded any of it even if I got it washed. I'm still surprised at how much bedding and nightgowns I went through in the worst of them. So now I'm folding and putting away. Everything is clean again save a few rooms where I need to Swiffer them tonight. 

I guess I'm really back in the land of the living again. I am hoping this is our only dance with Covid. We're back to strictly masking and following safety protocols here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids