Church People Revisited and a Peaceful Time
A sunset from the hospital room during Jim's rupturing gall bladder adventure.
He is sick, way sicker than I have ever seen him. But the time together has been peaceful and nice. This is the second day since we got home and I've started working on my mountain of laundry generated by having guests. We also nap a lot. Napping is good. The cats are pathetically grateful to see us. Yesterday, today and tomorrow Jim had to be transported to our clinic for iv antibiotics and a check up. There will be more blood tests and checks to see where he is in a few days and to see if he needs more meds.
So far I, and Jim, have managed to keep visitors at bay. He really shouldn't be exposed to possible germs or Covid or RSV/Flu. He's not ready. Our friend from the other night has gone angrily radio silent after I told her no, that Jim said no, and she said a bunch of not so nice demeaning things. Whatever. I am that crazed Momma Bear for the folks I love when they are sick.
Today's medical appointment for the IV brought some funny surprises. Klaus, who we know from church, had a motorcycle accident, ending up with a broken arm and ribs. It's not funny that Klaus is injured, but it's funny what happened in the aftermath. Now I don't know Klaus very well at all, met him a few times, all very surface. Jim says he's another user a-hole like Davey. Three months ago he flew back to Germany and since Davey Jones and his locker was making noises about buying his car Klaus allowed him to drive it while Klaus was gone. The thinking being that he'd drive it and then decide to buy it when Klaus was back.
Big mistake!
Yes, Davey Jones trashed the car and it's not running right now and he's not buying it at all. Klaus and Davey had words, unhappy, unfriendly, rather shouty words. All this is backstory to this morning.
This morning as Klaus rode his motory-cycle-pickle to Bible study he was hit by a car. As he lay on the road bleeding with his arm at a scary angle Davey drove up in someone else's car he was borrowing. The windows were down, and Davey smiled and waved at Klaus, but didn't stop to see if he needed help. A couple of Ticos were trying to take care of Klaus on the road. Klaus is pretty furious now.
I don't blame him. That's a pretty cold action by a former pastor. Beginning to think this world is staffed by assholes.

Comments