Pus, Fat, Visitors and Church People

 No pretty picture. We've been away since Saturday. After dropping our family members off at the airport we had to drive down to nearly San Jose to get Jim's gall bladder removed.

Not going into too much detail. Suffice to say it was literally something of a sh!tshow. The bladder was very infected and starting to rupture. Once they opened Jim up it was pus everywhere and infected tissue. A 45 minute surgery morphed into 3 hours.

So we've had to stay two additional days due to the overwhelming infection. I'm exhausted from being the only driver as it's a five hour ride before you add in medication breaks, breaks so Jim can pee and breaks where he had to walk about.

First of all. I seized Jim's cell phone shortly before the surgery because he was getting so many calls it was stressful on him and he was just so sick. Including but not limited to Velma demanding to know why we switched from the hospital that did her hip surgery to one in San Jose. I told her succinctly why.

Now I'm glad I did because when we turned it back on tonight there were an obscene number of missed calls and text messages from the church looky-loos about the surgery. Wow. Impressively nosy.

Jim now has to go on a low fat diet, and he's still quite sick and toasted from all the narcotics. We got home an hour ago and I've had to tell off someone trying to visit tonight. Yep, tonight, as Jim can barely walk and is in tremendous pain. Had to point out that he's going to be coming into the local clinic's infusion center all week for IV antibiotics so I'm not sure anytime during the next week is suitable.

I just told her he was exhausted and sick, plus we were going to bed early and her response was "Great, I'll come visit now~"

Uh, no you will not~

Sometimes I hate Evangelicals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids