Back To It?
Our neighbor's house and bananas. Wonderful people! Unlike what I'm about to bitch about.
Jim's been eating his muscle relaxers for the bad back last week until he decided on Sunday that he'd had enough, and he attempted to resume his life full tilt boogie without missing a step. I explained with bad backs I usually take the drugs the number of days prescribed, use the heating pad a couple of times a day and avoid doing anything to aggravate the back. Not Jim, he's the worlds worst patient.
Can you guess what happened?
Happened here on Tuesday. Playa Grande. I stomped around looking for sea beans at low tide nosing through the sea wrack and finding none. I went past the beach at Las Ventanas all the way to the next beach. Not as far away as Playa Mina or Cabo Velas, but close. So far my left leg went almost completely numb. When I came panting back up and traded places with Jim at our Chillbos to guzzle water Jim went for a walk. I am used to walking without much feeling, but apparently Jim's short walk threw out his back again.
Back home, bank on muscle relaxers, back on bed rest and the heating pad for a miserable few days.
The week before the church going lady that every now and again launches an initiative to try and poach my husband had stepped up her advances again after three months of backing off, to the point where Jim asked me to always be around when she was anywhere near him to nip it in the bud. The week before we had some rather interesting shenanigans involving her trying to get my husband a massage, and her saying she was coming to swim in our pool, but spending more time talking to Jim. One day she was here four long hours, which means I was out at the pool four hours that day. Since the asthma was bad last week I ended up sort of accidentally stoned out of my gourd that day by forgetting I had taken my usual dose of edibles and taking a second dose. I still ended up getting rather testy with her by Thursday even if Thursday ended on the most comical note of all time.
After she left Thursday she ended up coming right back. Why? She lost an earring, asked me if I'd seen it. Nope. Before I could stop her she picked up the pool net, plunged both hands into it saying it had to be there..... straight into a pile of human dump sized iguana poop.... and SCREAMED! I had to struggle to keep a poker face and not laugh. I'd just used the net to scoop it up because an iguana in the star fruit tree bombarded the pool after she left.
Not a word from her this week. I thought, ah, she's retreated yet again! Thursday, exactly one week later she contacted and came over. Jim in the bed with his back, she kept coming to the door plaintively asking for him, stuck with me in the pool. I told her that all requests to use the pool, calls for help, etc, needed to either come to me, or I needed to be included on the text because it just was not always convenient.
I could not believe it! Friday night we had plans to get together with a pile of folks we knew at the yacht and surf club for dinner and games. We ran out to run weekly errands around 11 am, getting back later. By the time lunch was fixed and eaten, groceries put away and the usual stuff it was 3 pm. Sitting down with my laptop I saw she'd tried to message us at noon wanting to use the pool. Sent a message saying that the only available time for us was around 4, if she came right before that time the gates would be open for the locksmith coming to work on the guesthouse doors. No answer. Great! I thought and started working on a snack and getting cleaned up and dressed for our 6 pm grill room reservation.
4:55 she rolls up! No word, no nothing, just shows up. We decide to carry on with the snack and getting dressed. Leave her entirely to herself. I ended up having to go out there and tell her to shift it at 5:30 because we had plans. The conversation went something like this:
Her: "Where are you going?"
Me: "Out with friends"
Her: "Who?"
Me: "I don't think you know them."
Her: "Where?"
Me: "Private party, sorry!"
I was just afraid if I fessed up to the place we were going she'd try to horn on end. Particularly if she discovered we were giving Jacqueline down the street a ride to the same place. This was a wet blanket we do not want.
Add in that I discovered she'd gotten our house sitter to let her and her friends in to use the pool while we were gone and they'd set up their laptops, etc on our deck for a long while. Two years ago when she had to come down to use our wifi I'd given her the router password, and here's the creepy part...she'd written it down and had it with her from that time over two years later. Guess who had to change the router password? Yep.
Comments