Stupid Mutha Farkin' Body!
Since we got back from San Jose I've just been in the doldrums. I don't even know why. I feel depressed, sadly deflated, and lacking all energy. Pains in my limbs and other vague symptoms. One of my friends yesterday suggested it was the stress I was under waiting for Jim's pathology report mixed with Aunt Heap/Mom dramas. I came back from San Jose only to a pile of frantic text messages about Mom not picking up the phone and had to point out that's just how she is, holed up in her house like a cute little senior citizen basement troll. They're freaking out over her normal behavior. Leave her alone.
But I don't quite think that is it. Today I finally popped a low grade fever on top of days worth of exhaustion mixed with something else new, you got it, lung congestion. I think I'm stuck in end of rainy season lung crud, like the end of each and every rainy season. So I'm doing very little today.
Jim tried on Tuesday to get me all jollied up by taking me shopping in Santa Cruz. I did indeed do one of my all time favorite things, buying fabric, but it didn't do anything to mitigate the muscle pains and fatigue. A nap didn't even help, and naps are basically magic. Laying in the sun today didn't help. Soup didn't help. Time and meds may.

Comments