Weakened Week Wearily
Rainy season and everything is green!
Going into a hard week. My computer died. Struggled to fix what it was doing but it's a more serious snafu with the software than I am prepared to fix at this time. Off to the shop! On my ancient ten year old workhorse of a laptop.
But that's not what's making this hard. Oh no. Jim's upcoming surgery to try and determine if he'd got cancer or something less nefarious going on below the belt. Jim's behaving like I don't know what, not remembering the tests he has to have run in the run up to the surgery, and a few other things.
One of the ones we sort of went round and round on was the need for two to three nights in a hotel. Finally twisted his arm into texting his doctor's support staff to ask. We're a five hour right from the hospital. Kept telling Jim I thought we needed to spend the night after the surgery in a hotel too. Surgery so early in the morning there's no way on earth we can drive down. We're arriving the day before and spending the night. Doctor's folks told him we needed to stay at least one other night, maybe two at a hotel. I don't think he gets how painful he's going to be down there. He's not going to want to be riding shotgun in our little blue car for a few days.
Everything else, Jim's ongoing feud with the assistant pastor, my attempts to slog through filing insurance and rewriting entire sections of my book, my YouTube channel, the computer conniption fits, aunts, uncles, in laws, outlaws and everyone else is going by the wayside until we get past this.
What exactly "past this" looks like and how long it lasts I do not know. Nobody does. I guess I'll have a better idea by next Sunday.
Yesterday I tried to book the hotel. We like to stay at either the Holiday Inn by the park, or the Parque del Lago, someplace four star and between a hundred and a hundred twenty five a night and near the hospital. Clean, comfortable and quiet. But I didn't realize that both of those places were booked solid and my backup choice the nearby Radisson was booked too. Hotel Oro is out of our price range even if I'd love to stay there. We're staying at a very nice place in the older part of the city nearer the hospital with a name straight out of Scotland instead of Central America. Looks to be nice, in the price range, and lots of good reviews.
I really wanted to stay at the Stray Cat Hostel but sadly they had no private rooms. Got the biggest kick out of the photos of the place. Love it! But the Balmoral it is! I'll let you know if we see King Charles III's photo on the wall.

Comments