Random Advances by the Most Annoying Person in Tamagringo!
This has been a difficult week. On the heels of finishing up his over two years of cancer high-jinks we discover that the husband has developed insulin dependent diabetes, his kidney function is not good - he only has one - and a number of other things wrong with him. I am diabetic, a well controlled diabetic of many years merely using metformin and diet so none of this is new to me.
So this week crash lands with the most squeamish man on the planet having to learn to give himself insulin injections. He's only been doing that since Monday, so it's all new. Says he feels worse than he did before. This afternoon in the middle of the Do-It Center his blood sugar tanked, sweaty, pale, light headed, hot mess tanked. I was almost panicked to get the fruit juice in him and try to bring up his levels. One healthy meal later at a nearby Tico Soda and he's somewhat better. I wrapped up buying my box of pricks, err, prickles, or cacti and we started for home.
We don't get far with the text messages start from that gal that we laughingly call some silly names. What gives? She's pushing her naturopathic weight loss supplements. Naturopathetic if you ask me! About a year ago she signed up for an MLM that sells these drops that have been thoroughly debunked as not beneficial to losing weight. The drops come with a 1,200 a day calorie restrictive diet and exercise instructions. The diet alone is causing the weight loss even if that is way too few calories for realistic healthy weight loss. Losing it that rapidly is a recipe for rapidly regaining it when you stop. I have joked that she's on the 'Slim Slow' plan because it's taken her this long to lose twenty pounds. She's claiming a loss that just looking at her just does not support that number at all. I mean, good for her for dieting I guess. She spams Facebook all day long about her dramatic weight loss and keeps claiming it's her new business.
This makes at least the sixth time she's approached the husband about this and he keeps telling her no. I'm persona non grata after telling her to skedaddle from our lives so she's not bugged me to buy.
The funny thing about this with all the super health eating we're doing, my husband and I, I got on the scales and ten pounds is gone in a month. I am in shock because I expected a few pounds but not that. No MLM drops involved, just swimming more and eating right, that is all. I am just worrying a bunch and trying to support the husband. I can hardly ask someone insulin dependent to watch me scarf down things he cannot eat that I can because I am well controlled.
Then she claims that the folks she's been swimming in their pool have a crack in it from the recent earthquake and have told her its no longer convenient as a result. Repairs don't happen quickly here. Similar thing happened to our Jacuzzi here during the same earthquake and the faucet in the master bath. Both are fixed now.
I wonder if she just completely wore out her welcome there?
But... she cannot swim here ever again! She should not even be asking!!
On the ride back my friend, myself and the husband discussed the stressful situation her dry begging for our pool has created too many times now. I was even less sympathetic once I heard from the friend that she'd had in excess of a hundred thousand dollars in cash in her house (not in a safe!) and used a little of it to buy her youngest kid at university a cheap beater car. She's dry begged, regular begged and whined and thrown so many tantrums with the same tired 'feel sorry for my mooching poor broke ass' so many times I am disgusted to learn she had well in excess what a modest pool would cost for construction here.
She better hope no local n'ere do well ever finds out about the cash she's hording there because they will show up with a weapon and take the cash!
We're all in agreement that she has to be told "NO!" yet again! Gawd! Sucky neighbors who have no respect for healthy boundaries suck! I hope she does not discover the Mr. is sick because she'll be trying to shill her shitty drops at him like they are the answer just like she was pushing him to try that horse paste medicine for his cancer. So so tempted to tell her off.

Comments