Posers Pose, Users Use and I Construct Voodoo Dolls
There may be no place like home, but my home here isn't far enough from my personal bete noire Miss Ogress. I sometimes call her the Big O, although there is about thirty pounds less of her now.
Tonight, I'm headed to bed, book in hand about 9 sometime at night on a day I got little done and we had a number of quake shakes in one day. I spent the day trying fruitlessly to find a company to ship 3 boxes of things from my mother's home. Also my aunt has lost her mind, and misplaced her power of attorney so I get to go out and overnight a copy to the law offices handling the closing on my mother's home. My messenger suddenly exploded on my computer, multiple messages coming in fast and furious with the rapidity you usually only get when a pile of faux romance scamming individuals show up. I sigh, roll my eyes, thinking it's the husband again. We're coordinating his arrival in a few days. Returning to Costa Rica requires a printed out airline ticket proving you are leaving in six months and an exact address in a place where most of the directions include something like "Turn left at the place where the horse died three years ago." I am married to a nutty professor type that tends not to be squared away, so a few days before he flies home the conversations are fraught with this stuff.
No, it wasn't him, it was the Big O. Now at this point I've had years worth of interactions with this chick and armchair diagnosed her with NPD with the subtype being "The Queen" so whenever I am absolutely forced to deal with this user I follow the whole gray rocking narcissist thing. The day before she kept trotting over to me at church and trying to ask ten zillion questions about my husband's return. I was purposely very vague about it and she eventually gave up. Never give a narcissist information of any kind if you can avoid it.She was prancing around acting like a big shot in front of her missionary friend. Ugh.
So here we are, I in my nightgown clutching a history book on the women that were instrumental in the taming of the West smacking myself in the freakin' head because the Big O said her car was in the shop and I would need to drive her to the airport and to Costco early tomorrow. They told her at 5 pm that they couldn't fix the car.
Now it's almost ten o'clock so I'm not sure why she decided all these hours later to start looking for a ride.
No way was that ever happening! No matter how we rebuff her she pops up and tries to take over again. I told her no, I'm driving her nowhere because my license is expired.
She mentioned she'd just get my friend who is in our guesthouse, and I pointed out that would never work because my friend has a very important appointment in the morning and she was taking me to the UPS store later tomorrow morning to mail off documents that needed overnighting for my mother's house closing. Yeah, I know I gave her way too much information. Felt I needed to rebuff her fully.
This woman, this constant pest came back with, "Oh okay, then I'll be by to pick up your car in the morning since you're not driving it."
To quote Keefe in "The Righteous Gemstones" 'Hail Satan Dallis!' I mean, hell would literally have to freeze over with Beezlebub making like the Ice Capades before I'd allow her to borrow my car. She didn't ask, just like what she said earlier she just baldly states it like it is a fait acompli. She always assumes we're eagerly awaiting to help her, while never once offering to return the favor. All these favors flow one way. For the past six months we've said no to every request or statement.
Told her that contacting anyone around ten pm and demanding a ride or borrowing a car was too last second, that we both had things we needed to do tomorrow morning and the answer was still no. She came back again with demands and I told her something rather cruel, that her failure to adequately plan was not my emergency and please don't ask any longer, I'm turning off messenger. Conversation over.
The last time I looked she's still begging, filling my messenger up with demands. Not how it works.
She's lucky I didn't say what I have said in the past to annoying folks that keep pushing. I ask them for a lock of their hair. When they ask me why I tell them it's for the voodoo doll I am constructing. Conversation over. The looks on the faces of those I've smiled and ask for the hair from are hysterically funny.

Comments