Fungi
Jim is pretty sick right now. He has a full body rash that keeps coming and going that has turned out to be one of the common fungal infections here. We spent much of the morning at the doctors office. He had blood work run on his liver functions to make sure the fungal thing that would not go was not a symptom of liver failure. Jim also scratched himself up pretty badly and has a bacterial infection that have to be lanced and drained. Plus a cold.
Miserable. But most ladies know that a man with a paper-cut thinks he is dying so it's good times at the house. He is very cranky right now, but too sleepy to be much of a pest. Life is good, even if Dr. Fernando is freaky in his obsessive love of draining all infected carbuncles on your body. He's not happy unless you have some oozing pus.
The little hot tub that blows our fuses is still being problematic. Alejandro and guys were out today switching out electrical cables, seeking to find a breaker and breaker box where turning on the heating element didn't shut down the electric in the house. One of the scary things to me about the house is the willy-nilly wired in nature of the three electrical fuse boxes in the house, the guesthouse and the pool house. I think the time has come to get a licensed electrical contractor out here and rewire them all.
This afternoon brought rumors and tragedy. First up I heard from someone claiming to be law enforcement that also claims everyone's least favorite patriarch that arranges matches between teenagers is being investigated for possible sex trafficking charges. I do not know how true all of this is as I cannot verify it. Believe me I tried. I hope it's true even if it is probably unlikely.
This afternoon as I was dragging in and out of physical therapy and Jim's medical appointments I got word that a good friend of mine is fixing to leave her new husband. Apparently she didn't notice the red flags before marrying him and cannot ignore them any longer. I've been sort of freaked out and upset most of the afternoon. You really never know what's going on in the marriages of others. I hope and pray she gets away unscathed. Bad situation all the way around.
Miserable. But most ladies know that a man with a paper-cut thinks he is dying so it's good times at the house. He is very cranky right now, but too sleepy to be much of a pest. Life is good, even if Dr. Fernando is freaky in his obsessive love of draining all infected carbuncles on your body. He's not happy unless you have some oozing pus.
The little hot tub that blows our fuses is still being problematic. Alejandro and guys were out today switching out electrical cables, seeking to find a breaker and breaker box where turning on the heating element didn't shut down the electric in the house. One of the scary things to me about the house is the willy-nilly wired in nature of the three electrical fuse boxes in the house, the guesthouse and the pool house. I think the time has come to get a licensed electrical contractor out here and rewire them all.
This afternoon brought rumors and tragedy. First up I heard from someone claiming to be law enforcement that also claims everyone's least favorite patriarch that arranges matches between teenagers is being investigated for possible sex trafficking charges. I do not know how true all of this is as I cannot verify it. Believe me I tried. I hope it's true even if it is probably unlikely.
This afternoon as I was dragging in and out of physical therapy and Jim's medical appointments I got word that a good friend of mine is fixing to leave her new husband. Apparently she didn't notice the red flags before marrying him and cannot ignore them any longer. I've been sort of freaked out and upset most of the afternoon. You really never know what's going on in the marriages of others. I hope and pray she gets away unscathed. Bad situation all the way around.
Comments