Back to the Drawing Board, Jose

Last night we discovered we suddenly have no hot water in the house. Jose supposedly put a timer on the tank so we would have hot water in the morning and evening, but not 24/7 to cut our electric bill.  Something has clearly gone haywire with that plan.

Remember when I said some of these Tico guys will claim all sorts of mad skill sets while only really being skilled at a couple? I think that's happening here. Very glad I didn't let him work on the routers leading to the guesthouse.

Today looks busy, so I'm not sure when and how we can get Jose back out here. Yesterday involved working most of the day on my quarterly business taxes, which are due at the end of the month, and scrubbing the house, frantically doing all the things I neglect when I am sick.

Jim has a two hour pt session, followed by another meeting with Bruce about that bathroom cabinet. I have to finish up business taxes, finish up the chair covers and a million other small neglected things. We'll be in and out of the house.

But all of that is okay, gloriously wonderful even, because last night, first time in nearly eight weeks, I slept. I slept a full night, from my usual time all the way until morning. Sleep is good. Not sleeping sucks so badly, and is another reason to avoid the drugs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids