Little Bit

As in a little bit better.

I stayed in and home as much as possible today while medicating. Going out is making everything all the worst. I am still almost blacking out if I exert, even mild exertions like walking around a computer store. I have to stay inside under the air conditioning until this passes I realized around noon today.

Remembering back when I first got dreadful sick and diagnosed with Mast Cell I was forced to take two weeks off work and given mild chemo therapy to turn it off. I only got up to go to the bathroom or to get something to eat or drink. I'm there again I think.

But after an afternoon  sitting in my mahogany rocker reading I realized I am fortunate. Blessed to not have to work. Lucky for having a new air conditioner in the bedroom twice as strong as the old one. Glad to have access to all the rice based things I'm eating to turn off the asthma. Happy I have a housekeeper coming in to clean a couple of times a week. Grateful for the gardener.  Thankful I have a full larder of food to cook, even simple canned soups and applesauce.

And I think that is what I have to focus on, how blessed I really am, instead of being bent out of shape about living a mile from one of the most magnificent beaches on the Pacific and being too ill to visit. The beach will wait and in the meantime I have my small treasures, my books, my beautiful house, a garden filled with flowers and tropical fruit.

One thing I have been doing I usually do not is to sit in the picture window in the bedroom and look at the wild birds. So many different kinds of parrots and parakeets! The lovely blue Mot-Mots. The Great Kisakee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids