Electric Jesus Boogaloo Part Two
Sunset on Tamarindo Beach this week. Jim frogmarched me to the beach because I insanely cranky and just not having it. Watching sunset creeping in over the water swept that all away.
I know, I know, I haven't posted in month. Its been rather boring in some regards, asthma bouts, mad scrambling on non asthma days. Part of the days have dealt with Jim's tshirt ministry at his new church, endless meetings to decide on the shirts, order them, inventory the several hundred shirts, fold and organize.
I am still not back in church with him. The why is complex, and just a sense about the new place he's picked as being very wrong for me. I'm not much impressed. They seem like nice folks, well, as nice as rich Americans living in a protected bubble walking on imported air can be. Jim tells me no matter what my conversation was with the pastor there is someone that brings their poodle. I seem to be the most allergic to poodles.
It seems to me that the pastor says to each person what they want to hear, and I know I'm not down with that at all. I've seen how crazy that can go. The music sucks too. Jim loves the place, I am still so highly skeptical.
I think I prefer the third church, even if overbearing Mr. Zillionaire is there.
Moot point because I am going nowhere as bad as the asthma is and how high the Covid rates are. Two weeks ago Jim was exposed to one of his students for almost a week, teaching the man sitting only a few feet away. A week ago the guy called Jim and told Jim he has Covid. Today is day 8 post exposure and they say if you get to day 10 feeling alright you don't have it. Scary to have a third exposure than we know of.
Right now Jim is at our old church's Thanksgiving dinner. I am avidly curious. Jim asked me if I would come with him and I said no after hearing what the crazy guy talking about armed rebellion against the government was telling Jim. Jim has dropped out of the Bible study group because of the end times mania and crazy conspiracy theories.
Yesterday morn he ran into this guy, Greg, who told him that some of the high rollers at the church that sat on the board had departed over the issues of vaccines. So now the old church is officially anti vax, anti school, anti government and a whole bunch of other crazy things. I'm so glad we got out.
The thing that Greg said that stops me from attending the dinner, well, besides the fact that they supported a visitor with an ESA instead of myself who went into anaphylaxis the last time the dog showed up. Greg says that the visitor was as upset as I was when they asked her to put the dog outside, and the church lost both of us. Too. Damn.. Bad!
But it's not the words about the dog situation that sealed it. It was the fact that Greg immediately started justifying it all yet again to Jim. Pointing out that the air conditioner unit pulls in outside air, and does not circulate the air the room. Impossible because that is literally not how mini splits work. They circulate the air in the room.
He pointed out that the poodle ESA lady hasn't been back, so it's "safe" for me to come back. Greg goes not get that it will never be "safe" for me if they continually make excuses and try to pretend that my disability accommodation isn't a thing. The ultimate in unsafe is when people who vaguely know you try to dictate your illness needs.
Greg keeps telling Jim he does not understand how one simple allergy could possibly be that bad. Jim has told him repeatedly that I have mast cell, not simple allergies and I end up in the ER when triggers happen. It's so frustrating to know that no matter how you and yours have tried to explain what's going on and these folks say, "But, but, but.. it cannot possibly be that bad??"
He's returning.. and I will have to add whatever insanity happened because there will be insanity...
...edited to say no real crazy but there were very few people there. Four, three and two years ago it was packed. Two years ago I was exposed to smokers and I started wheezing badly, spent the entire time outside the building. Luckily someone brought me a plate of food.

Comments