Ice, Ice, Baby on the Butt Cheeks

 

I wish I could blow this up enough to show you, but the rough translation says "I'm driving slowly because I have hot soup in the back seat"

The last eight days is me doing a few things during the day before trudging on down to the clinic to get a shot in my ass of the new antibiotic. I've seen some strange sights on the road to and fro. One lady was walking down the middle of the road near the clinic pushing a fully loaded barbeque grill with smoke and flaming charcoals, snarling up high season traffic.

Then there was the tiny car with six full size mattresses strapped to the top. 

I really haven't done much except moan about how crappy I feel from the antibiotic side effects. One of which is the fact that I'm low on platelets so each time they stick me I bleed like I'm auditioning for the horror film "Carrie" and I bruise up crazy. I have an infected needle place on each butt cheek and am having to ice both cheeks a couple of times a day to reduce swelling and bleeding. Fun times!

Still with extreme water restrictions, but preparing next week to start looking at mountain top property again with an eye towards building another house. Houses in tourist areas are going for insane amounts of rentals and sales, so if we do this we'll be renting this place out every high season.

Might as well do something like this. This week the bank we deal with has frozen sales on investments. Why? War. Covid. Uncertainty. They want to see what will happen with the rising gas prices and the war in the Ukraine. I don't blame them. We got in just under the wire on renewing several investments. We did some trudging back and forth to the bank too.

Ukraine supplies a full third of the world's wheat. This keeps up there will be no wheat crop this year, or maybe not the next, or maybe never if Putin uses the nuclear option. Wheat is used in damn near everything, so this will drive bread prices and the prices of other food sky high. I am not looking forward into having to dip into savings to keep eating if this continues. I'd rather just sit here on my bruised and swollen frozen ass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Ancient History With a Crystal Ball