Another Crazy Effing Day
Horses this morning at one of the tourist places near Tamarindo awaiting riders. A very rainy day shortly after this was taken. We're getting the spin off split off from Hurricane Ian, or as they say here 'Tormenta Ian'
This last week was a wash for me. I was unable to do much because the asthma kept coming and going and coming and going due to the gasses from the grumbling volcano. When I went into town to get more solution for my nebulizer it was in very short supply. I scored a mere two vials until today. Price Smart pharmacy to the rescue with full boxes of the solution!
Jim's made a new buddy pal, a Tico with the legal name, I kid you not, 'Billy Joel' Rodrigues. I guess we know what music his momma listened to. He and his family are living in Velma's back room, taking care of her along with various volunteers. Billy is temporarily homeless. Jim's put him to work here at the house, putting molding up in the guesthouse bedroom and building furniture for us. Billy made one of the nicest sets of hardwood shelves I've seen in quite a while. Very skilled, and we're happy to hire him to deal with remaking and custom making furniture for the house.
There's just one problem with Billy Joel. He scares the bejesus out of our cat Stinky. Stinky is having his reaction he always has to bad folks, by hiding in the bed under the covers whenever Billy Joel is here. I cannot tell if it is a slam on the music, or if he's sensing somehow that this guy is evil. Soon enough he'll be done and gone. Soon as Stinky reacted that way I moved my wallet to the bottom of my crochet basket. Better safe than sorry.
People here aren't violent, the bad criminal element types will commit petty theft while they're in your home.
Today we took Davey back to the hospital in Liberia to get tests run. It's been just over a week since he tried to commit us to pay Velma's full hospital bill, and I read him the riot act about leeching off us and spending our money, telling him we would require gas money. I must have infuriated him more than I thought, more than that pitiful "Arguing with me won't get you into heaven" crap he posted because he would not speak to me, or even look me in the eyes.
Which made for the most awkward of days. Can you imagine? I was polite to him, mostly, even when he was singing the praises of Reader's Digest, which had turned rather conservative in tone back in the 1990s. We didn't get gas money predictably, but we dumped him off at the hospital, went and ran errands without considering how long he might be waiting to be picked up.
After dropping him back at his place just after dark Jim and I had a conversation about how this was the last time ever. I'm just afraid he's going to start trying to hit Jim up for the money for his own surgery. He's told Jim he has less than 500 bucks to his name. I think the pitch is coming.
This is probably the tenth time we're run Davey to Liberia without any offer to pay for gas. At least this time we went out to lunch without him so we didn't have to pick up the costs for that.
Oh, and my asthma went haywire early in the trip. We stopped at the Do It Center so I could get light bulbs for two lamps with odd bulb sizes and some unthinking gringo walked up to me with multiple, like six, small fuzzy dogs on leashes and I immediately started wheezing. Travel neb in car, I went through five of the ten vials I scored today.
Unfortunately I had the panic attack and hostility hard and when we were filling our trunk at Price Smart Jim kept picking on me. I hurtled pot roast at him in the parking lot and started to leave, like hitch hike away from him I was so angry. You don't try to joke around with someone who cannot breath worth a damn. So it was a cluster you know what of a day. 1 am here, I cannot sleep, I likely should not sleep, and the medication side effects are in full force.
Sweet Jinkies, I overhand slammed a pot roast in a parking lot. What's this world coming to?

Comments