Sh!t Talking While Unraveling

 

The huge Catholic church in the oldest part of the city of Liberia, Costa Rica, mere steps from the hospital. 

Today was better. Velma had her surgery and did well. Velma is obviously not her real name, it's the name I use for her here. I'm glad.

Even better is that when Jim got to Liberia with the pastor of his church they managed to scrape up the rest of the money for the surgery. We didn't have to pay another dime. It looks likely after Jim's talks with the pastor that we'll end up eating that 5K amount we paid yesterday. I guess it is what it is, and I keep saying when you give money you cannot expect anything back, or how it will be used. 

The pastor has already put in place a support group of volunteers for the next month once she gets home to care for her. I spoke to Jim about perhaps putting together a list at church for people willing to provide cooked meals for her and her helpers this month. We're talking also about taking over and running the food bank while she recovers. 

While Jim and the pastor were away today I did laundry and did a deep cleaning of both bathrooms. Between folding clothes I got to take apart a project that just did not work at all, including the pattern I was trying to make a blanket for the bedroom from.

 

and too my ever loving shame I also creeped on Davey's Facebook where he was posting junk like this...


 

No one gets into heaven by arguing with you? I wonder if that's a dig at me for telling him more than once yesterday to stop trying to spend our money. I didn't just argue, I told him off pretty hard


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids