Burn Baby Burn

 

It's hot! It's grapefruit season again with my tree in front of the window loaded down with the ripe fruit. Every afternoon is a loud raucous parrot party in the tree top. They love ripe citrus.

In the past week things have finally shaken out. Jim picked surgery, the thing recommended by our doctors as his poison du jour instead of radiation and/or chemotherapy. I am glad. He does not decide things quickly. Surgery on Friday.

Once he had a surgery date I swung into action letting various family members know. We start picking them up on Wednesday at the local airport before driving late Thursday into San Jose for the surgery. 

Tomorrow I finalize hotel arrangements. I had to wait to hear how many days Jim will be in the hospital. I'm going to try and book again at Balmoral. Weird name, beautiful hotel. Closest to the hospital and on that lovely pedestrian mall where I can consume gallons of Starbucks.

I understand why we're having visitors then. Family members are worried, thinking its too much for me on my own. Truthfully it's really not. Usually when Jim is in the hospital in San Jose I just camp out for the three days on the fold out sofa in his hospital room.

This is going to be very different because I'll be going back every night to our lovely hotel room instead, and walking around the area some. I am hoping to share some of the wonderful things about the hotel in San Jose with my family members, the crazy traffic and one way streets with the same frenetic vibe as Mexico City or Rome. The museums, the shops, the casinos.

At the same time I am unwell here. A pesky fever and what feels like a cross between the sinus infection from hell and an infected ear. Hoping an early bedtime and medicines will kill it. I cannot be sick while Jim is in the hospital Burning up with this stupid low grade fever. I have to push through and clean the guesthouse tomorrow. Other than that I am ready~ Bring on the guests, bring on the surgery.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids