Crying
Raining or tears? Same thing?
Oh man, I have yelled and cried already this morning and many times yesterday.
Just got off the phone with several hotels in the San Jose area, all I've stayed at, after a fruitless week long discussion in email about the reservations. I made the mistake of calling, 17 times to the hotel of choice, hung up on, endlessly shunted around, until I finally got a guy who said they were booked solid. I went to their website and saw that was not exactly true.
A truism in Costa Rica is if you are dis-conveniencing a Tico in a business situation they will suddenly tell you something false to get you off the phone. Experienced this many times. I blame the rise of the American Karens for this! I booked online, I could not get two rooms for my kids but I did score a room with enough beds for everyone. Crazy tourist season pricing too. If they are pissed off about the lack of space I will be staying in the hospital and leaving them the room.
Yesterday I was doing one of the few things that needed to happen before the kids get here, cleaning the guesthouse. I haven't been in there since the church friend stayed there for two months. It was trashed, not in quite the same way as my house in June, but I freaked out anyway. We're talking dark grease splotches on towels and bedding. I am missing a large wall hanging, a 5 by 8 rug, an electric tea pot and other small appliances.
For me this is it. No other guests unless they are family or good friends. The bedding was high end! Tomorrow I have to go buy a rug, a comforter and two sets of sheets from our local Costco like store after I pick up family from the airport.
A large part of me just wants this to be only Jim and I because this is getting far too stressful. At least everything is super clean and it was the easiest cleaning because I'd deep cleaned right before our Christmas trip, and took care to keep everything up. Which does not always happen when I get sick.
I am still sick, but I think some garlic pills and antibiotic ointment will take care of it.

Comments