Other Peoples Money and Valentine's Day
Well, I am not from f*cking Memphis but its been this kind of a night and day.
Last night Jim drug me to his church to the Valentine's Day dinner. I wasn't best pleased by this, but I went to keep the peace. Besides sometimes very amusing things happen. They did!
The good: My favorite local math teacher greeted me in the food line by asking me if I was ready for 'authentic Mexican food'? As I told him I am always ready for authentic Mexican food. His tacos were better than any of the local taco places, even the expensive ones.
The bad: I had to keep fending off folks that wanted Jim and I to take this poor old dog that was Velma's. I kept having to explain over the course of yesterday and yesterday evening anew to folks about my dog dander allergy.
The ugly: Shortly after arriving one of the church members sidled up with the pastor a few mere feet in front of me and started trying to engage in him speculating over another member's possible wealth. Kudos to the pastor for not participating. Non-kudos for the random noises and grunts he made acknowledging the words falling from the Zimbabwe-ian with his mind on someone else's money.
The real fun started when Ernie T. Crabgrass from Zimbabwe's target entered the building. I got treated to see Ernie flatter, kiss ass and fawn all over this German man. To the point I had to keep biting my tongue not to laugh aloud! Ernie even ran off the older hippie gentleman Jim and I were friendly with to clear enough room for him to sit next to Dieter not quite on the Rhone. It made for am amusing night.
On the way home I shared this with Jim, who'd already been wondering why Ernie was on Dieter like white on rice. Sounds like Ernie is another guy with a 'ministry' trying to get funding. One thing about Evangelicaltown is that they all have ministries and no money. The hustle.
Today was less amusing. I threw out my back and I'm not ashamed to say I did it....
....
...
...
...are you ready for it?
...
...
...
by yelling at my husband. I was having a lot of food allergy reactions this morning and he was working my final asthmatic nerves in how he leaves all the lights on, does not close cabinets or doors, leaves towels on the floor, in other words takes so many actions that add to my workload so I wasn't having it on an asthma day. Mastocytosis screws with my moods and I go from smiley to snarly in less than a second on bad days when I slip on a floor littered with wet towels, or walk into a cabinet door. I guess it was being exposed to so much possible prepared foods last night as I don't eat like that here.
Funny this is the newest dumbest way I've managed to injure my back. Yeah, I was kind of like the guy in the photo above.

Comments