Well Shut My Mouth!

 

View from our San Jose hotel room, a strange place with a frosted glass shower and toilet area which assured everyone in the hotel room viewed your junk when you showered or tried to use the toilet. Go figure!

I do want to talk about our time in San Jose with the surgery, but it's an involved tale with lots of moving parts for another day. Some of them fecal-covered moving parts. Today I wanted to rant about something that's going to make me struggle not to be an ugly twat-waffle to the pastor of my husband's church and those who are part of the men's group tomorrow. Why? Read on dear one.

Just over a year ago my husband had a rupturing gall bladder removed, and I encountered that same awful thing that used to happen at my old toxic Evangelical non-denom church. Church members being ridiculously buttinski during medical situations, planned or emergency. I ended up taking my husband's phone away from him and shutting it off until after he got out of the hospital. He sighed in relief, gladly handing it over because the constant calls were stressing him out. Some even trying to feed him misinformation through their own ignorance about the procedure.

My husband will not be rude to anyone, but he knows I'm like a grizzly bear on steroids when anyone starts to harm those I love, those in my family. He knows I am the enforcer against this exact type of crap.

It happened again, I did the same thing, taking the phone away again. The people that texted got a very short answer that the husband made it through the surgery fine and was resting. The pastor got the same short message as everyone else. Here's the funny and terrible part, he somehow didn't realize that me answering all messages on my husband's phone meant that all messages popping through on the men's Bible study Whatsapp group were seen by me. I had the darn phone! The pastor moaned on the list that he was upset I'd given him almost no information.

What does the pastor want? A blow by blow of the surgery? To know that the surgery took twice as long, and they had to take much more tissue than they thought? That my husband has an incision much like the one I got when they did my hysterectomy? Just how cranky and in pain he was? Shuddering thinking about all of this and more I'll write about later.

None of this stuff is any of his business! Even if he labors under that assumption common in Fundytown that all information on illnesses is due to everyone at church. Buzz off, buddy!

Have had others I've had to say no to visiting, or also pretend they didn't just ask an inappropriate question during this time. Non-denom Evangelicals, bringing the inappropriateness to any situation. I cannot tell you how incredibly glad I am to have stopped going to these places. Sadly I'm going to have to be adjacent as I have to drive husband to his men's Bible study tomorrow and to church on Sunday. I'd rather be dipped in Bubonic Plague!

Husband cannot drive for two weeks at all, meaning it all falls to me. He cannot drive as long as he's on the pain meds and has a catheter coming out of an odd place. Fun times!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Ancient History With a Crystal Ball