Sheety

 

My chicken-y clucked up kitchen. Stuck there today washing beaucoup laundry.


Jim got home on Friday evening in one piece. I did and did not come home in one piece. I drove at night, something I hate to do because my night vision isn't real good, and waiting in a secluded dark road. Jumpy until he got off the bus and into the car. However I did manage to drive there and back much better than I thought I might. Plus for an added bonus it was all 'No molestar!' and not one person hassled me at the bus stop.

Then he proceeded to leak blood and urine over every surface in the house. Think I'm kidding? I have a dozen Walter White-style tighty-whities soaking in the laundry room! Apparently it takes a bit to get full functionality back in your urinary tract system.

Here's the rub about everything that has happened. His wonderful talented urologist failed to warn us about the extent of these side effects. I endlessly read through everything on prostate cancer on websites like the NIH, Mayo Clinic and Johns Hopkins. I would have done things very differently had I done so. I would have been prepared, like his other surgeries. Here's a list of things I would have done differently had I known the extent of the side effects. Plus we're not even sure we'll be able to have sex again.

1 - I would have double checked behind the doctor and hospital to make sure they'd done the things they needed for pre authorization because this wrangling with enormously stressful. Usually this hospital does it automatically because they have all our information. 

2 - I would have purchased and had shipped in several washable waterproof pads for the bed.

3 - I would have purchased and shipped in male piddle pads that fit the naughty bits.

4 - I would have purchased and deployed a pile of cheap elastic waist shorts for him to run around in.

5 - I would have reserved the hotel room for a few extra days so we weren't rushed to go home. Should have booked an AirBnb for the entire several weeks.

6 - I should have insisted they give Jim some xanax during this entire stressful time. I was ready to get drunk and I don't drink at all. Jim was extremely uncooperative about the entire thing. I am exhausted emotionally as a result. 

7 - I should have flown down and flown back to Tama. A 5 hour car ride with a complaining surgical patient was a new level of hell.

Live and learn I guess.

Super Bowl Day and I will be avoiding the game and the yelling male with the same last name as I. I'm cooking and washing bedding and clothes right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids