Trail of Tears and Blood

 

I've always loved this bullriding statue in Santa Cruz. Today I felt like I was riding the bull.... right on the horns.

It was my birthday, and I've found that holidays and special days seem to hold some extra crazy. I was praying today would not. I turned 64 today. Did some work things this morning involving my book and it was good. Talked to my kids. That was good....

...and then it took a sharp left turn into crazytown. I started hearing from the Aunt Heap in New Orleans about my momma. My mother didn't call, and she has me blocked still. The Aunts again were outraged, which meant I ended up fielding too many angsty phone calls. Again I am expected to put my mother into a nursing home. I've already been told by law enforcement and lawyers that until she takes some sort of bizarre turn there's not a lot I can do legally. I spent too much time explaining this yet again, getting my emotions yanked all over the place and I started crying.

This is why I keep my phone off here if I'm busy.  I don't have spoons for this nonsense. I didn't expect to have the sense of excitement and anticipation I used to get as a kid on my day, but I didn't expect this either.

Turns out my mother was calling various family members phones this morning rather inebriated and trying to leave me a happy birthday message. She called everyone elses phone number than mine. She knows my number.  It sounds like she's starting to spiral into might seriously need to go into care. Talking with a lawyer in the morning. It's a crazy mess and it's tanked my day.

Jim got home from church with a birthday cake and ice cream for me. He ended up dropping the ice cream on the floor where it splattered the wall, cabinets, rug and kitchen floor. I got very upset because I'd hoped for a day to paint and not have to do anything for anyone else in my life. I am so so so sick of doing for others, to the point where I feel close to snapping.

He'd also made a huge thing about my birthday on Facebook so now my timeline has been flooded by people I barely know wishing me a happy birthday. Just makes me feel sadder. He's trying so hard, but failing so deeply. I find that stuff so deeply embarrassing.

We ended up having some hard conversations today. I never even got out of my nightgown all day. I pointed out I am exhausted, a well pumped dry in every way, emotionally and physically and I feel so unseen many days. Yesterday I had the experience of starting a transaction with the cashier in Price Smart, handed them my membership card, pulled out my debit card to pay and they turned to Jim, telling him the total and ignored me completely. I was unnerved by the ignoring, even as I know in a patriarchal society this is what they do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids