Another Return and Popped Elastics

 

Gonna need a glass that big for tequila if I continue on like the last few days. I did finally calm down some even if I was "Bitch please!" yesterday morn. 

I got up to a pious mewling ridiculous missive from Shrek. It was lecturing me about things I'd said on Facebook on some of the Costa Rica travel groups. Was it important stuff? Oh hell no! I was complaining about the fact that someone on my block was firing off a cannon-like device and it was rattling our windows and geegaws! My post was meant to be humorous, I referenced a silly scene in "Mary Poppins" where the nearby retired admiral fired off his cannon daily.

This scene



Communities around Guanacaste do shoot off what sounds like a cannon twice an evening leading up to a festival. The cannon alike fires in the village hosting the shindig, so it's a way for everyone in the surrounding community to know. I know this, I've known this the more than seven years we've been living here. Common knowledge. So our village was hosting the annual horse show and rodeos, and, um, bullfight. Tonight is a wrap up. I didn't go this year but I did get caught in the traffic. Plus we can hear the wrapping up of festivities. Lots of drunk Ticos. Some photos from the fest in years past.


So Shrek was lecturing me on the meaning of the cannons, etc, etc, world without end. I figured there could only be two responses, either no response, or such extreme sarcasm that it might rip a hole in the time-space continuum. I went with no response, just whined to a friend about the continued stupidity. We laughed over coffee on Wednesday that Shrek had blown up two more car engines in the last few months because both had run out of coolant and oil. This makes the third engine in two years. When I asked her during the first grand car engine explosion if she'd been checking the oil and coolant she replied that's a man's job, not a woman's. I told her then that if you have no man it's up to your little old self. 

So the lady too stupid with gender roles to do basic checks on her own car engines was trying to lecture me over things I already knew. I hate know it alls.

During this time Jim kept texting me that his flight was delayed. It ended up being delayed four hours. Good thing is was because I got caught in the festival traffic and one of the worst rain storms I've driven in here. My umbrella did no good, the rain blew sideways, but I finally picked up Jim and we went to do a little shopping before driving home.

When we got home we discovered that Shrek had blown up both of our phones and messengers wanting to know if we'd gotten her pizza and shrimp. She was hot to come right over and pick both up. I told her yet again that the store hasn't carried that shrimp for over two years. Told her as she was picking up the pizza that this was the end, do not ask me to pick up anything else for her at the big box store. I brought her an application for her own account. 

Jim sighed happily, thankful I played the heavy and told her no more. I felt immediately relieved of my ire at her.

Today I was slow getting up, getting up late again, and I was late getting dressed. I had found a long forgotten dress in the very back of my closet. I haven't worn it in over a year, and when I found it I wondered what it was doing back that. Donned it, and the tight fitting bodice and the elastics were all popped. Someone must larger than I had donned it and ruined it. Last gasp of ruined crap from last summer's disastrous house sitter. I just laughed. It better be the last ruined thing I encounter.

I'm over Shrek provoking my temper by quite a lot. Ran the new Roomba today, the one that mops and vacuums and was in for a huge shocker. I'd just scrubbed the washed the living room and kitchen two days before. The Roomba is the best thing ever! Went into all the places I struggle to clean, like under the china cabinet. I was surprised how much cat hair this thing cleaned up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids