We Named the Roomba and Other Silly Tales

 

Yes, that's my kitchen, and yes, I have been to the produce store I always go to. This bunch ran about $40! Faint, shriek! Inflation has arrived. A few months ago this was about $10 less. All local produce save for the pears from Chile.

Yes, I'm still trying to eat no processed foods while Jim fills his maw with every processed food on the planet. It means many days I am fixing two totally different meals.

Jim insisted we name the Roomba. It's the best thing ever and does an amazing job on the floors. Newest family member and we named it Rover. 

I am avoiding all things NFL and political right now after wishing things like painful genital warts on the one candidate that kept pushing some insane narrative about Venezuela. It all just makes my blood pressure rise if I pay it any mind.

This week has been a strange one. Had a long almost contentious phone call from a friend I'd not heard from in a long while. He's going through something in his mind, something quite bad, it was pretty obvious the longer he spoke, and we knocked heads very hard.  He started talking about a woman he's counseling he's now internet-diagnosed with some sort of mast cell illness. What was the problem, he said that mast cell disorders are psychosomatic, in other words all in your head. Well, as someone with mastocytosis, that only got the diagnosis only after lots of blood work showing crazy elevated IgE levels, surgery and examination of a mast cell growth and other tests, I deeply resented someone with no degree in medicine or immunology deciding it's all in your head. I wish

Quite frankly he's not in a good enough mental space to be counseling anyone. The strain of listening to someone else's trauma can wear you out, cause you to hit rock bottom. It did for me and this is why I rarely talk to anyone I don't know now. I don't have the energy.

One thing I'm rapidly realizing about myself post stroke is that my short term memory is shot. Not sure if it's age, medicines or strokes causing it but its a reality for me now. So... if you talk to me and I just do not remember, that's what's going on. It turns super comical so many times when Jim says "Hey, you know that thing that does that action, what's it called?" and I have to answer "Oh, you mean that thingamabob that, err, goes, hmm, into that other place?" We're useless sometimes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids