If It's Not a Fourth Thing It's Bob
Visited Rosedown on Sunday. Jim insisted even as I don't like visiting plantations that just glorify slavery and gloss over it.
Bob is still, well, Bob. He keeps yammering out doom and gloom involving the house. I am ignoring him just so I can work in the yard weeding and replanting the flower beds. Going with all flowering things like petunias, lavender and canterbury bells. Discovering bushes and other half-dead landscaping beneath the weeds.
We got so frustrated waiting the real estate appraisal that we went to the cop shop to ask for a well check on the guy. He finally contacted us, came back out to do another measurement and left his phone on the lawn. Go figure. He's ancient and I'm getting the vibe that Mr. Dementia is at play again. He had disappeared because he fell down the parking lot drop off in front of his office. However that was Monday and today is Wednesday and still no report. It's been 13 days now. I remember when this man came home. I told my husband that he looked and acted like he had one foot on the banana peel and the other one on the tombstone.
The husband and I are stripping the house and not agreeing on much. He's still freaked out/weirded out by the other residents of Mom's memory care unit. So as a result he does not want to go often. I am not sure Mom knows who I am any longer either.
Today we're running back and forth to the thrift store with donations, I am raiding Aldi's Aisle of Shame (if you know, you know!) and hitting the town's lone department store for swimsuits. Tomorrow I am visiting with a cousin and uncle I haven't seen in years for a meal at one of my favorite places.

Comments