Oh Holy You Know What?

 

Not the rains here now, but a rainy day. We have been having like six days of rainy weather, all day, all night rain. We usually only get that in Sept-Oct. I read a LOT of books when this happens. This time it's a  cyclonic storm off the coast of Central America. We've been battered for days. I even got so desperate for the beach I went during the rain the other day. I have a video up on my Facebook of the wild waves that day in the few minutes it wasn't raining. Crazy times. We're supposed to have more of this next week~

Usually this point in rainy season we get beautiful sunny mornings, noon and many times in the afternoon. If the showers hit it's usually late afternoon or early evening. Nope, not right now.

So what am I doing? Reorganizing the house, cleaning, and working on my mental health. I am glad I am as my big trigger person just returned and immediately summoned the husband to their house on some faux emergency. He finally escaped after explaining over and over that he was no mechanic. Trifling. 

Yesterday I could barely keep the eyes open. Kept nodding off every time I sat down. I've lost about ten pounds recently and I have to conclude it's due to being more active, exercising a small amount and being very good on what I'm eating - mostly plant based. Not even trying to lose weight, just trying to keep the asthma and other mastocytosis symptoms at bay, and trying to keep moving so I have better mobility. But I'll take it!

Forced myself to stay awake until almost 9 pm, was showering, half awake, drowsy in the soap suds when the bottom dropped out of the world. We were hit by a 5.3 earthquake about 13K from home. Rumbling, shaking, side to side movement, up and down movement that went on something like 20 seconds maybe. Last place I wanted to be nekkid during a serious quake was in the shower, all slippery ceramic tiles. Thankfully I'd remodeled the shower to accommodate my unbalanced post stroke self with non slip Rubbermaid shower mats over the entire surface of the shower floor, and by putting a large teakwood bench in the shower instead of a plastic shower chair. Those two things kept me safe last night, didn't fall and just leaned forward to grasp the bench for balance.

Was I fully awake after that? Oh yes! Had a hard time turning off to sleep and my sleep was broken by weird dreams and a leg cramp that kept flaring. I'll be dragging today no doubt! Just grateful I didn't get the same earthquake side effects I got in the big Virginia quake in 2011, which was sick to my stomach! I swear, Cajuns are not built for earthquakes. Rain we know, earthquakes, no!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids