Squozen Chosen

This time it wasn't me. Back when I had MRSA from the end of 2015 and much of 2016 I was the one trudging back and forth to the doctor and hospital getting my infected spots squeezed to get out the pus. Sometimes it was so painful I cried. But my infection was primarily in my hands and face, both areas with lots of sensitive nerve endings.

Jim has been bitten by some big bug on the back of his thigh. A couple of days passed and it got red, swollen and painful. He lapsed into the weird man thing - the one where men start to claim they are having the WORST PAIN EVER and are DYING, while the women of the family look on unsympathetically and think "I squeezed three babies out during natural child birth" or "Fingernail surgically removed without pain meds and I didn't whine like that"

Not trying to be unsympathetic. I knew it hurt him and could see the growing circle of swollen redness. Figured he needed to see a doctor before he developed whole leg cellulis like he did some years ago.  But didn't think it possibly could be that painful because one MRSA spot I got was on my leg and I barely felt it compared to the others.

I knew it was trouble when I got up and Jim yelled at me over some rather unimportant things so off we went to the doctor. Tried to get in to see the doctor here who takes our insurance, but they've closed up shop in the last month. It was back to the super-duper Catholic clinic nearby where every room has tacky looking pictures of Jesus. Christ as the cheezy velvet Elvis painting sorrowing for your every hang nail and cold. That place, in an old building with ancient equipment that does not take our insurance but will write up an insurance submission form.

We get in there, the doctor makes Jim drop trou and lay down face first so Sr. Doctor can squeeze the hell out of Jim's bug bite and pus will ooze out like some strange colored Squeezy-Cheeze coming out of the can. Normal, right?

The doctor kept trying to get me to come over, watch and participate in the squeezing. Aw hell no! This is why I no longer work at a medical clinic. I got to see way too much stomach turning things between my days at the clinic and my own sorry body doing crazy things. I didn't need to see a squeezing!

I still remember the day that one of the doctors grabbed me out of the hallway with a quick 'Come here!' and required my assistance lancing someone's boil down their asscrack. I held one cheek and the nurse held the other. Ugh!

Jim is fine. My nerves not so much. It's a damn good thing I'm not a nurse.

Yes, we have bugs the size of aircraft carriers here. Yes, sometimes they bite.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Ancient History With a Crystal Ball