New Facebook Strategy
...and it works!
One of the rare drags of NLQ is the random men that try to friend me. Old, wrinkly, fat, married, oh so not interested in other men me. I know it's not because of my sparkling wit or anything more than being a 'name' online.
Guys show up, pm me asking how I'm doing, or expressing a desire to be close friends, or just immediately hitting on me. heh! It's been annoying, I've discussed it with other female Patheos authors and others with the same low level type of internet visibility. It's common.
I try to screen these guys. If they have no friends or interested in common with me it's an automatic rejection. But every now and then someone fools me. I've discovered a fool proof method for dispatching them. I say like I'm a proper pearl clutching fundy - "I'm sorry, I do not have private message conversations with strange men because it dishonors my husband and our marriage." It works like a charm, I even get apologies from these guys whereas in the past I'd give them other excuses or shoot them down and get nastygrams. This excuse is golden~ LMAO...
At least I'm not complaining about my health for a change...
One of the rare drags of NLQ is the random men that try to friend me. Old, wrinkly, fat, married, oh so not interested in other men me. I know it's not because of my sparkling wit or anything more than being a 'name' online.
Guys show up, pm me asking how I'm doing, or expressing a desire to be close friends, or just immediately hitting on me. heh! It's been annoying, I've discussed it with other female Patheos authors and others with the same low level type of internet visibility. It's common.
I try to screen these guys. If they have no friends or interested in common with me it's an automatic rejection. But every now and then someone fools me. I've discovered a fool proof method for dispatching them. I say like I'm a proper pearl clutching fundy - "I'm sorry, I do not have private message conversations with strange men because it dishonors my husband and our marriage." It works like a charm, I even get apologies from these guys whereas in the past I'd give them other excuses or shoot them down and get nastygrams. This excuse is golden~ LMAO...
At least I'm not complaining about my health for a change...
Comments