Midnight Thanksgiving Insomnia

We had our Thanksgiving feast yesterday instead of Thursday actually on Thanksgiving Day. I was just too tired and burned out to cook after a few days in San Jose crawling through our possessions. Jim had a Thanksgiving dinner he went to at a church a few towns away on Thankgiving Day. I opted out because I was too tired.

But perhaps I should not have. Jim attended with J.A. and Derwent and family were there. From what Jim said it went oh so awkwardly once Derwent discovered J.A. there. I figured it might. Neighbor feuds. So silly.

Now I cannot sleep. Too much caffeine, too much food. And I didn't even eat a full plate.

Today we got up and Jim wanted to take a trip to Santa Cruz to get his watch fixed. I was in favor of this because the guys are still here tearing up the backyard to install the hot tub and patios, dust, noise, and lack of all privacy until the project is done. Plus the drive through the countryside is beautiful.

I brought along my wedding ring on the slim chance that one of the jewelers in Santa Cruz would be able to replace that broken prong and remount the diamond. No such luck.

But I did finally discover that Holy Grail of all stores, a legitimate fabric store~ With cotton quilting fabrics, blender fabrics in every shade, and enough home decorating fabrics to satisfy even a Martha Stewart type.

A few photos.



Tried to get a shot of the place on the road the iguanas routinely cross. I see them every time we take this beautiful back route. There's even a 'Caution -Iguanas' sign there. But it flew by so fast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids