Aghast!

Just heard that the new church, the supposedly good church, is forcing the pporest member, Maggie, to leave. Why? She made the mistake of repeatedly asking everyone for money after being evicted from her apartment.

Told Jim I want to put her in the guesthouse rent free for a few months, but I cannot convince him that this is a good thing.

A very black mark indeed. I don't care how badly she was begging for money this is just wrong, vanilla wrong. Only people with money need apply.

Comments

Cynthia Kunsman said…
Reading this, I don’t feel so bad. Gary invited me out to dinner last night. I felt warm, he had paperwork still spread out on the table that he needed to pack up, and he was waiting to sign the check. I went out to the car and ended up giving all of the cash that I had on me and the leftovers that he wanted for lunch today to a pan handler. He got angry and said that he doesn’t think that I should talk to strangers outside on the street. Especially at night.

We would probably both be living in someone’s guest house we’re it not for our good men. I think we’re learning, though.

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids